Back for installment 19 of Dear Huddie – a column to assist engineer job hunters in their pursuit of happiness. Time to seek the engineer in you!
That’s funny from the internet….
I am a senior in high school and not sure if engineering is the right path for me, can you help?
Need Some Guidance
Awesome question – Luckily I have prepared a quiz just for such a question.
Answer the questions below, score your quiz and you will soon know if you are an engineer at heart.
Scoring – Yes = 5, Sometimes =3, never =1. Write the corresponding score below the question, sum up your answers, and use the scoring chart to see where your heart is.
- When someone mentions “pie” you immediately think 3.14
- You have been approached at Best Buy and asked for assistance, but you are not an employee.
- Your first crush was someone on Star Trek.
- Your IQ and weight are +/- points 20 apart.
- You are unaware that the Lions and Cowboys play every Thanksgiving.
- You are not sure who the Lions or the Cowboys are (Double points for this question!)
- You are still confused about question #1 (Double points for this question!)
- You have more than one scientific calculator.
- You know what a Ti-89 is.
- You know how to use 50% or more of the functions on a Ti-89.
40+ = Get that slide rule ready – you are 100% engineer’
30-40 = Qualified to be an engineer.
Less than 30 – Finance anyone?
Thank you again for listening, that’s it for now, next installment in two weeks – don’t forget to send your Dear Huddie questions to email@example.com.