Back for installment 12 of Dear Huddie – a bi-weekly column to assist engineer job hunters in their pursuit of happiness. U.S. Open golf and father’s day – and American tradition!
Keeping some humor in the column – computers everywhere!
Dear Huddie Top 10 list this week –
Sometimes it can be more fun preparing for an interview if you have questions to prepare for, see below the top 10 questions and things to think about before you go to that next interview.
10) Why were you fired from your last job? Sticky, very sticky situation, tread lightly friends!
Maybe “I see this now as an opportunity to find a position better suited for my qualifications”
9) What have you been doing since your last job?
I find “drinking and partying” does not fit here! But be as honest as you can.
8) Describe your ideal boss.
Don’t kiss too much butt answering!
7) Have you ever had difficulty working with a manager?
We all have, so take the high road!
6) What major challenges have you faced in past positions?
Answer this to explain how you overcame past challenges.
5) What did you dislike about your previous job? What did you like?
Keep it clean!
4) What have you learned from your past mistakes?
Show that maturity!
3) Why do you want to work here?
“For money” does not work!
2) What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
Time to separate from the pack!
1) Does my hand on your leg bother you?
Thank you again for listening, that’s it for now, next installment in two weeks – don’t forget to send your Dear Huddie questions to email@example.com.