We are currently seeking an energetic and results driven Electrical Engineer to join our Electrical Design Team at our Exton, Pennsylvania site. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for conceptual and detail design of high-voltage capacitive discharge assemblies, associated drivers, and test equipment.
- Develops pulsed power assemblies that meet customer design specifications as well as generate designs for internal needs;
- Works closely with Quality, Manufacturing, and Program Management to develop, manufacture, and sustain, designing products with an emphasis not only on performance, but also manufacturability and testability;
- Originates and refines existing designs including detailed design, tolerance studies, and selection of electronic components while taking thermal management into account;
- Prepares engineering specs, parts lists, time estimates, and test and fabrication schedules;
- Writes engineering reports and assists in the preparation of technical proposals;
- Participates in and conducts specification reviews, design reviews, pre-production builds, debug, and product testing at internal, government and/or customer labs;
- Plans and determines test procedures;
- Conducts laboratory or field test experiments and investigations, as well as correlates and interprets observations and results;
- Will be responsible for technical support of some mature products currently in production;
- Will be required to interface with customers as a technical expert for one or more product lines.
- BS Degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline is required;
- 5 years of design/development experience or other equivalent training in designing circuits with electronic components preferred;
- Two years of analog experience desired;
- Familiarity with high-voltage (>40kV), high-voltage transformers and capacitor discharge applications desired;
- Knowledge of electronic design software is required (Altium preferred);
- Must be proficient in MS Office;
- Ingenuity and attention to detail skills are essential;
- Please note that due to the requirements from the Department of Energy, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
Excelitas is a global technology leader with more than 7,500 employees, focused on delivering market-driven solutions to fulfill the illumination, optical, detection and imaging needs of OEMs and end-users across the biomedical, semiconductor, industrial, consumer products, scientific, security, defense and aerospace sectors.
ENGAGE with us today and make your contribution to the future! Join the team that leading technology companies turn to for cutting-edge photonic innovation. At Excelitas Technologies you are how we EXCEL.
Effective January 4th, 2022, it will be mandatory for every Excelitas employee to be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemption requests from this vaccination requirement will be considered to accommodate medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)Visa sponsorship is not available for any position at Excelitas
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
EmployerMinorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Excelitas is seeking leaders and innovators to join our global team!
PLEASE READ AND AGREE TO THE STATEMENT BELOW TO PROCEED AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR THIS ROLE:
Thank you for your interest in Excelitas. We respect your privacy. We need your consent to save your contact information and CV and for you to confirm that we can contact you in the future. Please know that Excelitas will never share or sell your contact data.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High voltage: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person