Are you ready to take your engineering career to new heights? We are seeking a passionate and talented Senior Staff Engineer to provide exceptional engineering and consulting services across a diverse range of projects and clients. If you have a strong technical background and a knack for problem-solving, we want to hear from you!
As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to lead and contribute to various stages of project development. From conducting cutting-edge field investigations to delivering innovative design solutions, your expertise will play a vital role in shaping the success of our projects.
The work involves field investigations, analysis, calculations, and recommendations. It includes designing plans, observing construction, and preparing reports. Reviewing compliance with specifications, estimating costs, tracking progress, and resolving problems are also part of the job. Effective communication with clients and teams is crucial. Services are offered for various sectors like public works, transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and industrial projects.
Join our team and apply your sound engineering principles to make a significant impact!
Signing Bonus available for the selected candidate.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead safety culture including following safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns.
- Interact with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress
- Serve as a technical adviser to junior-level project team members
- Coordinate and supervise field investigations, laboratory testing, and evaluation of respective data, as well as development of recommendations
- Prepare and review cost estimates, specifications, and other project related document
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI) required and ability to obtain a registration as a Professional Engineer (PE).
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $107,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Engineer In Training (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
Work Location: In person