Are you looking for a company who believes in world-class employee culture and focuses on growing YOU professionally?
Welcome to Donan Engineering, a leader in the property insurance intelligence industry. We are currently seeking a full-time professional Civil/Structural Engineer to join our growing team in Bloomington, Illinois.
As a Donan Engineer, you will travel within your assigned region to perform on-site investigations and produce a report based on your expert findings. We offer best-in-class training from a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers. So, no forensic engineering experience? No problem!
To learn more, watch "What to Expect as a Donan Engineer"
What Does Donan Offer You?
- Remote Work within Assigned Region
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Unlimited Compensatory Paid Time
- Career Growth
- A Diverse & Positive Work Environment
- Professional Development
- Generous Relocation Package Available
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- License and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance Coverage
- 401K with Match
- HSA and HRA (Employer contributions)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- All Equipment Provided (company vehicle, laptop, etc.)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide expert testimony as required on assigned work, with an unbiased and honest conclusion.
- Write a technical report providing detailed and accurate information on completed projects.
- Consistently communicate, document your communication, with clients to provide timelines and updates.
- Providing expert testimony and/or depositions as needed on projects in which they have been assigned.
- Must be willing to work additional hours during period of peak business demand as deemed necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service to company internal and external customers.
- Proactively pursue additional training, mentoring opportunities, licenses, education, and/or certifications (cost covered by Donan).
- Travel up to 50% of the time may be required for assigned work outside of your home-region. Daily and overnight in-region travel is also required for facilitating investigations.
- Registered as an active Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state applied.
- Have an active NCEES record (Or be eligible to obtain within 90 days of employment).
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or related engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, etc.)
- Two-three years of experience in failure analysis, knowledge of residential and/or commercial construction, building codes, design, or related experience is highly preferred.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license, with an acceptable driving record.
- Required to have strong technical writing abilities with experience using Microsoft Word.
- Proficient with general computer skills (Microsoft Calendar, Excel, Outlook, PPT, etc.).
- Must have superior customer service skills, be team oriented and enjoy service-oriented work.
- Must be able to work efficiently with periods of minimal supervision due to remote (home office) setting.
- Must have access to home high-speed internet service and reliable cellular reception.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Required to meet all standards for pre-employment physical examination.
- Frequently required to stand on one’s feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move objects weighing 50-100 lbs.
- Frequently required to climb onto first and second story roofs, ascend/descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
- Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
Related Experience: Civil Engineer, Design Engineer, Structural Engineer, Construction Management, Residential Construction, Residential Design.
Internal Title: Forensic Engineer
To learn more about us visit donan.com.
Donan is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an E-Verify participating employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Professional Engineer (Required)
Work Location: In person