Company Overview:Come and work with us the “TT Way” which means we do the right thing, bring out the best in each other, achieve more together, champion expertise and get the job done…well! With approximately 5000 colleagues we operate from 28 locations around the world. Building the expertise of our people is critical to the future success of our organisation.
TT Electronics is a global provider of engineered electronics. We collaborate with customers in the transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defence markets, providing them with engineering expertise and support through a global network of specialists and world class facilities. As a responsible employer we encourage all our people to “give something back” by supporting the local communities in which we operate.
Our site in Perry, Ohio is part of the Global Manufacturing Solutions (GMS) business. We specialise in low volume, high mix electronics manufacturing for the aerospace, defense, industrial, and medical industries. With locations in North America, Europe and Asia, we provide highly engineered electronics and electromechanical assemblies for world-leading manufacturing companies. We provide customers with tailored business solutions, global sourcing and logistics.
Role Overview and Responsibilities:Introduction
The Manufacturing Engineer requires a strong technical background coupled with good communication skills and an understanding of the electronic manufacturing process. Work as part of cross-functional team to provide technical support on process improvement in PCBA, Electronics BxB and HLA unit manufacturing. The job requirements will focus on developing and documenting manufacturing processes that improve labor efficiency and quality, reduce work in-process, scrap, and overall manufacturing costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities *include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Provide technical support to establish manufacturing methods to improve processes and product flow.
- Uses and understands Lean Manufacturing principle.
- Drive KPI (Key Process Indicators) improvements revolving around Safety, Quality, Delivery & Cost (SQDC) and execution of customer demand at the department level.
- Able to manage multiple projects, multiple deadlines, assuring schedules are defined and met, to prioritize work appropriately to meet commitments.
- Creates and controls manufacturing instructions and implements engineering changes to the production floor.
- Ability to use manufacturing data to implement process change.
- Understand cost impact of process challenges and provide root cause and corrective actions.
- Performs DFM and DFA evaluations on new products.
- Generates Standard Operating Procedures and establishes scheduled maintenance for machines and equipment.
- Performs cost justification of new equipment and tooling.
- Designs jigs and fixtures / 3D Printing to meet production requirements.
- Evaluates and dispositions non-conforming material per Quality Procedures.
- Defines criteria for operator qualification checklists of processes and machines.
- Evaluates scrap and rework data with implementation of corrective action.
- Evaluates and develops manufacturing methods to improve labor efficiency and quality, and reduce work in process and scrap.
- Performs training of team members per Quality and Standard Operating Procedures and specialized manufacturing techniques.
- Monitors manufacturing processes to assure compliance with approved methods and Quality standards.
- Advise and assist Product Engineering and Quality Engineering as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Individual must be able to maintain confidentiality and have good Judgment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A pleasant professional image is expected at all times. Candidate will be expected to exhibit high ethical standards and promote the same within the company.
Education/Experience/Credentials*: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in manufacturing, industrial, mechanical, electrical, systems, engineering, or other relevant discipline. 2 -5 years’ experience. SMT Process Development knowledge / experience is a plus.
Language Ability: Excellent communication both written and verbal. *Ability to read and analyze periodicals, business reports, correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, Team Members and the general public. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. The Individual must possess strong skills in grammar and proofreading.
Math Ability:* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
Reasoning Ability: *Ability to collect data, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to maintain a professional and positive image in any situation using good judgment.
Computer Skills: *Ability to use office software, including Word processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Slide Presentations, Internet browsers, E-mail, and business systems software.
Supervisory Responsibilities:* This job has NO supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment:* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Solving Technology Challenges for a Sustainable World
We want the very best people in our TT family across the globe – so we welcome applications from everyone, to celebrate a diverse mix of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and you can rest assured that TT Electronics takes positive steps to ensure we are an inclusive business, that will welcome and support you, from your initial application to wherever your career takes you! Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss any reasonable adjustments to your application, in order that we can accommodate and support you in the process. If you want to work for a company where who you are is valued and respected, we’d love to hear from you.
Location: 3700 Lane Road, Perry, OH 44081
Job Type: Full-time