AT SCHEBLER, YOU'RE MORE THAN AN EMPLOYEE. YOU'RE AN OWNER.
We have a long tradition of excellence at Schebler-both in the products we sell and the services we provide.
In January 2022, Schebler transferred ownership to an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan). Our culture of ownership means every employee is held accountable for how we run our business. In return, employees have a voice in what we do, receive more job security, and have generous retirement benefits. Through our ESOP, each employee accumulates shares over time at no cost to them, which they can cash in when they retire or leave.
The Engineer is an integral part of our success! You will develop models and drawings based on job specific information as provided by outside customers and design criteria as set by the chimney division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide system design drawing of UL systems to customers for proposal and submittal purposes.
- Provide engineering expertise for new and existing projects that fall within areas of responsibility.
- Provide engineering support for special custom parts released to production, as necessary.
- Assist sales team with engineering support as deemed necessary for special project requirements.
- Identify and evaluate potential additional product applications for this segment of the division.
- Provide engineering support for concepts, design, and pricing of new parts and products.
- Become a champion for Schebler product(s). Initiate the required product development required to gain and maintain a market leadership position.
- Provide cost estimates for job opportunities that coincide with division and company objectives.
- Develop relationships with appropriate national and regional technical organizations and make presentations at appropriate conferences.
- Work with division to assist in the coordination of on-going and additional UL testing on current and new products.
- Insure and coordinate intellectual property protection relative to product portfolio.
- Provide engineering support and expertise to assist with other technical matters that occur in the Chimney Division.
- Assist in system pressure calculations as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering related field required.
Minimum of 2-3 years professional experience required.
Working knowledge of AutoCAD Inventor or other similar 3D software required
Experience with structural analysis software preferred
Experience with load calculations and stress analysis simulations preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person