Who We Are
Our work matters – robotics is transforming the world of commerce. Every day our intelligent robots are responsible for getting food and merchandise to thousands of stores across North America. We’re an industry changer – we created the first and only fully autonomous, end-to-end supply chain solution. Today, we are driving towards even bigger ideas – and we have the people, technology and leadership to fully realize these aspirations. We have theexcitement and ambition of a startup with the benefits and resources of a proven organization.
What You’ll Do
Symbotic is seeking a Systems Engineer to run our system control center to ensure critical issues are communicated to the proper cross-functional teams to ensure best system performance. This person will drive projects’ timelines and budgets and the performance criteria of the system. The Systems Engineer to help drive “world class” service to distribution network.
In This Role
- Monitor health of the automated adapters, vertical lifts, and automated robotic vehicles.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting of advanced system and operational issues.
- Communicating technical concepts clearly and concisely to site teams and customers.
- Document and report issues to engineering teams and work with them on a solution.
- Train and assist operators on overall system including automated adapters, vertical lifts, automated robotic vehicles, warehouse management systems, and other IT problems.
- Ability to step in and effectively backfill key Symbotic on-site roles.
- Partner heavily with customers and other internal and external clients.
- Assist in escalation as required to support teams to solve production impacting problems.
- Participate in the initiatives for continuous improvement, standardization and improvement of the warehouse automation solution, in a context of change focused on production.
- Ensure that the safety commitments in compliance with OSHA, Symbotic, and our customers’ processes and procedures are met daily.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Software Enginering, Computer Science, Automation Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with automated systems.
- Brings experience and ability to learn; PLC (Allen Bradley, Siemens), Robot (ABB), and Software languages such as; SQL, Linux, Python.
- Excellent hands-on experience with assembling, operating and troubleshooting robotics and electro-mechanical systems.
- Being able to work under pressure and in an environment of changing priorities.
- A desire to learn new equipment and assist team members as needed.
- A high sense of urgency.
Physical Requirements & Environment
- Frequent ability to safely and efficiently lift items weighing up to 60lbs and move items weighing up to 80lbs.
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Must be capable of occasional and/or continuous feeling, seeing, hearing, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing, pulling, balancing, gripping, climbing, crawling, sitting, handling objects, and repetitive movement using both hands and feet
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 45 feet and within restrictive areas of 24 inches.
- Subject to environmental conditions, protection from weather conditions but not necessarily temperature changes. Must be capable of working in temperatures ranging from 105° to 32° Fahrenheit.
If required, the company will assist in relocation to communicable distance to the office.
In addition, travel will be required for the first 2-4 months to various Symbotic Sites for onboarding and training (roughly 50% - 75%).
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for the world’s largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges, Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed, agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit www.symbotic.com.
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to help guide us as we build a better place to work – for you and the world. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,139.34 - $156,013.84 per year
Work Location: In person