FINFROCK is a full-service design-builder specializing in multifamily, parking garages, student housing and hotels, and has been named one of Orlando’s Top Workplaces. FINFROCK is currently seeking a Full-Time Senior Structural Engineer to join our design team at our Central Florida headquarters. As a member, you would be a key part of a team of innovative professionals.
Being a Senior Structural Engineer at FINFROCK is unlike anywhere else, not only because of our innovative design, manufacturing, and construction process, but also because our engineers are called upon to be thought leaders in the development of our projects and future.
- This role will provide engineering services for FINFROCK projects. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided.
- This role reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Perform engineering calculations for the structural framing, member design, connections, and foundation system for prestressed concrete parking, multifamily residential, and hotel structures
- Oversee the creation of construction documents for construction and applicable permits
- Review calculations and construction documents created by others for accuracy and adherence to company standards
- Ability and willingness to train entry level engineers
- Solves difficult structural engineering issues independently
- Attend project meetings as necessary
- Manage multiple projects in different phases of design and construction
- Creates long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for project milestones and to deadlines
- Serves as a point of contact for teams when multiple engineers are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Makes efficient and effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Ensures best Design-Build solution is met while maintaining structural integrity
- Reports to and communicates with Chief Project Engineer to ensure project is aligned with company goals and project standards
- Four-year degree in civil or Structural Engineering
- Must have PE license, and the ability to get licensed in the State of Florida within 1 year. ( FINFROCK will pay for license fees and continuing education requirements.)
- Requires previous experience with designing concrete and structural steel
- Prestressed/precast concrete preferred
- You have 10+ years experience in engineering,
- Including 5+ years experience managing projects
- Proficient in the use of computer analysis software (e.g., ETABS, SAP, RISA, RAM, SAFE, or similar program).
- Ability to work in and review work in a 3d CAD software platform ( e.g. Revit, Navisworks, SolidWorks)
- Salary commensurate with experience
- You want to be in Central Florida, and are willing to move if you are not already
- 401K Plan – Very generous Employer Matching: for 20 out of the last 25 years, we have matched 100% of Employee contributions up to 15% of base salary so you can relax and retire one day.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee and contribution toward “family” coverage
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off program
The Legal Stuff:
Visit www.finfrock.comto apply. Along with your resume, please include your salary requirements. Drug-Free Work Place; Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; Nicotine-Free Employer. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Apopka, FL 32703: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Structural Engineering: 6 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
Work Location: In person