From a single asphalt shingle manufacturing facility in 1982, Atlas has grown to 36 facilities in North America providing worldwide product distribution. Today, products from the company’s four major divisions, Polyiso Roof & Wall Insulation, Shingle & Underlayment, Molded Products, and Web Technologies, are manufactured in state-of-the-art facilities and shipped from our network of manufacturing plants and distribution facilities in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Atlas protects because WE Care! Live, Work, Play!
Atlas Shingles and Underlayment’s division is seeking a Plant Engineer at the Ardmore, Ok Facility.
Plant Engineer Primary Responsibilities
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications to facilities, equipment and operations.
- Perform work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment.
- Responsible for equipment design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation and other activities requiring knowledge of principles and techniques of engineering.
- Work with Plant Management on capital budget planning, AFE generation and auditing.
- Work with outside contractors as needed to complete assignments on time and within budget.
- Supervise and/or coordinate the work of drafters, technicians and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Occasional travel to customers, vendors, and other Atlas facilities as required <20%
Plant Engineer Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution
- Licensed Professional Engineer desired
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in as a practicing Engineer in a manufacturing environment desired
- Training in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 6S, etc. desired
Plant Engineer Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Organization-Must have sound organizational skills.
- Communication -Ability to provide relevant and timely information in a clear manner both verbally and in writing. Ability to present information and respond to questions from employees and all levels of management.
- Follow Through – Fulfills the requirements of the position as described. Follow-through on completion of assigned tasks in a timely manner. Anticipates what needs to be done and proceeds without direction in a timely manner.
- Problem Solving – Ability to think through issues and develop solutions in a timely manner.
- Language - Must be able to speak fluent English.
- Mathematical abilities- advanced arithmetic, statistics and algebra.
- Competent with Auto CAD, Solidworks, Caesar, MatLab, ProE, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project, Internet.
- Advanced reasoning ability- Ability to read and interpret governmental policies and procedures. (DESIRED)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Standing: remaining on one’s feet in an upright position, Walking: moving about on foot, Sitting: remaining in the normal seated position, Lifting: raising or lowering an object from one level to another, Climbing: ascending or descending objects usually with hands/feet, Stooping: bending the body by bending spine at the waist, Reaching: extending the hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction, Handling: seizing, holding, grasping, or otherwise working with hand(s), Occasional lifting/carrying of objects up to 25 lbs.
Far Acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more, Near Acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less, Depth Perception: ability to judge distance and space relationships, Field of Vision: ability to see peripherally, Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus, Color Vision: ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
Environmental Working Conditions
Extreme Cold: temperature cold enough to cause marked bodily discomfort, Extreme Heat: temperature hot enough to cause marked bodily discomfort, Temperature Changes: variations in temperature from hot to cold, Wet: frequent contact with water or other liquids, Humid: conditions with high moisture content to cause bodily reactions, Noise: sufficient noise to cause distraction, Atmospheric Conditions: conditions that affect the skin or respiratory system.
- Atlas Roofing Corporation offers a competitive compensation and vacation/holiday package as well as a comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D/LTD insurance, 401k and Medical & Dependent Care Spending Accounts.
Atlas Roofing Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
No calls or agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $63,143.05 - $124,474.72 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- What is your desired annual salary?
- Manufacturing Engineer: 3 years (Preferred)
- Lean manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
Work Location: In person