Cordogan Clark is a regional architectural, engineering, and construction services firm focused on community. We are professional, creative and collaborative.
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Work-from-home days
- Growth opportunities
- Wellness programs
- Regular social events
- Casual work attire
- International workforce
- Relaxed atmosphere
- On-the-job training
- Flexible working hours
- Company perks
- Safe work environment
Architecture | Engineering | Interior Design | Planning | Construction
Aurora & Chicago, Illinois | St Louis, Missouri | Lafayette, Indiana | Sawyer, Michigan | Davenport, Iowa | Madrid, Spain
Cordogan Clark is a full service architectural and engineering, interior design, planning, and construction firm with extensive expertise in educational, commercial, institutional, and residential projects.
We’ve completed over 5,000 projects resulting in successful environments for education, working, performing arts, sports and recreation, healthcare, and living spaces. Schools have been the epicenter of our 120-year history, but our future is about providing solutions across all markets based on our integrated expertise and design thinking. We have created an innovative service model that provides clients with a network of over 100 professionals across all service categories including architecture, mechanical-electrical-plumbing engineering, structural engineering, architectural based construction management advisor services, master planning, security, interiors, graphic design, campaign assistance, and a host of other areas of expertise.
The Role We Want You For
Cordogan Clark is looking to hire a licensed or unlicensed Electrical Engineer or Electrical Designer to join our team in any office location. This position will be counted on to mentor and nurture the professional development of staff, as well as work on a variety of project types firmwide.
Candidate will be responsible for managing integration with architectural, structural, and mechanical groups and will work on multiple projects concurrently and coordinate work in progress between firm offices, as well as outside consultants. The successful candidate must have the ability to multi-task and possess excellent communication skills. Responsibilities include estimating project costs and project budgets; building system / code analysis and feasibility studies; the preparation of electrical system specifications; reviewing shop drawings and product submittals; attending project meetings; and job site inspections & coordinating field reports. Ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of diverse design work for electrical building systems including indoor/outdoor lighting, power distribution and device selections, fire alarm, tele/data & video, generator/ups/tvss and software analysis. A thorough knowledge and working understanding of all electrical system design in accordance with applicable design methods, codes, standards, and regulatory requirements is required.
The Specifics of the Role
- Report to the Principal MEP Engineer and be responsible for creating the overall functional and design direction of projects
- Can be relied upon to present directly to the client on technical and design solutions
- Works closely with the project team to execute project plans and to provide direct supervision of the team's design and technical delivery
- Provide mentorship to junior staff
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in building systems electrical engineering design, including demonstrated experience designing multiple and complex projects
- Licensed professional engineer registered in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and/or Missouri, or with the capability of becoming registered in each state
- An understanding of electrical design, detailing, and computer proficiency using BIM 360 / Revit is required
- Exemplary written and spoken communication
- Comfortable presenting to internal staff audiences and external clients and stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal relationship-building and colleague-coaching skills
- Participation in the company’s comprehensive medical, vision, dental, and short-and-long term disability insurance plans.
- Pre-tax reimbursement accounts for both childcare and health care purposes.
- Participation in the company’s 401k Plan, which includes up to a 3% discretionary match.
- Personal Time-Off (PTO) up to 23 days.
- Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Good Friday (1/2 day), Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (Thursday & Friday), Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.
- Paid professional license renewals in all states that the firm operates in.
- Paid company phone or a monthly stipend for business use of a personal phone.
- Paid parking.
The Cordogan Clark Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Electrical engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer license (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Aurora, IL 60506