MECHANICAL DESIGNER POSITION SUMMARY
Creates complex computer aided design models of bakery equipment and bakery plant design layouts.
Under general direction of the Manager of Engineering, ensures the functionality of the design through manufacture, assembly, installation and start-up, and is responsible for creating bills of materials, and issuing completed design packages to manufacturing and purchasing. Ensures compliance with Reading Bakery Systems design standards for three dimensional modeling, detail drawings, tolerancing, material selection, component parts, and system designs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design bakery equipment using SolidEdge, a three-dimensional computer aided design package (CAD) to evaluate form, fit and function of electronic models and electronic prototypes.
- Creates layouts of customer plants to evaluate the process flow and equipment size and placement.
- Modifies existing designs to provide equipment enhancement to satisfy customer requests.
- Ensures drawings are completed to the required engineering and manufacturing standards.
- Ensures Bills of Materials have a complete list of drawing number for manufactured parts and a complete list of purchased components that accurately correlate Reading Bakery Systems part numbers to vendor part numbers.
- May be asked to provide direction and training on applying Reading Bakery Systems standards to system designs, three dimensional modeling, detail drawings, material selection, component parts selection, and CAD system operations to drafters and associate designers.
- Communicates and works with RBS project engineers, applications engineers, design engineers, and customer operations personnel to resolve design challenges.
- May be asked to be the lead designer for a design project and provide technical leadership to design, manufacturing, and assembly personnel assigned to the project.
- Creates detailed drawings and illustrations of bakery equipment and component parts using computer assisted drawing packages (CAD).
- Provides feedback to co-workers, supervisor and Company management on a regular basis to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- An Associate’s or Technical Degree in Engineering or a related field.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field - preferred.
- Prefer two to three years demonstrated design/drafting experience in a high-tech, CAD, precision engineering and/or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents, instructions, engineering drawings, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills to effectively interface with all levels of Company management and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to perform advanced technical math skills including geometry, algebra, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percent, and ratios.
- Demonstrated reasoning ability to solve practical problems.
- Demonstrated ability to measure using precise measuring instruments
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person