LBJ TROPICAL MEDICAL CENTER
The Department of Human Resources is accepting applications for the following position.
Job Title: Bio-Medical Engineer
Reports to: Chief of Engineering
Salary Range: $50,000-60,000
Employment Status: Full time/Contract or Career Service
Responsible for planning, organizing and developing the overall operation of the Biomed Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical assistance and support for proper utilization and maintenance of all LBJ Tropical Medical Center medical equipment used throughout the facility.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of all medical equipment in order to ensure optimum utilization in our facility.
- Administers on call, maintenance and inspection schedules.
- Reviews and approves purchase orders.
- Plans, organizes, and directs effective performance of contracts via management and direction of account personnel.
- Ensures the validity of the asset management software program, and administers the asset management software and ensure work orders are entered without delay.
- Reviews financial statements and performs budget preparation with senior management.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
- Write training programs and guides in order to assist all healthcare staff in correct machinery utilization.
- Manage all medical equipment inventory and coordinate with vendors and suppliers in ordering replacements for defective parts.
- Conduct in-house service training for Biomed technicians on all medical equipment.
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of current medical equipment and develop methods and procedures for testing of biomedical devices and equipment and ensuring optimal performance standards.
- Oversee and participate in the design, fabrication, operation, application and installation of new or updates to current medical equipment
- Conduct training to educate physicians, healthcare managers, health educators, clinicians, and other staff on the proper use of all medical machinery and equipment for clinical use.
- Document feedback regarding operation of all medical equipment and introduce improvements if necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Keep abreast of future medical equipment advances to prepare the company for upcoming technological changes.
Education and Work Experience
- Able to troubleshoot, read schematics, and/or blue prints.
- Valid American Samoa driver’s license or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Electrical or Electronics Engineering with 10+ years of experience in the Biomedical field in lieu of a degree.
- Must have good verbal communication skills.
- Able to use power tools, calipers, multimeters, patient simulators and various other test equipment.
- A minimum of 15 years in the Biomedical field
- Master’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, or related Engineering discipline
- Current AAMI certification
- Fresenius Dialysis Machines Level I and II Certification
- Knowledgeable on AAMI, JCAHO, CMS, NFPA, NEC, and IEC standards
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling, Bending, Squatting, Exert over 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or 20 lbs. frequently, and/or 10 lbs. constantly.
Deadline for filing applications with the LBJ Office of Human Resources will be June 23, 2023 @ 4:00 pm.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pago Pago, AS: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Preferred)
- Biomedical: 10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person