From a single asphalt shingle manufacturing facility in 1982, Atlas has grown to 36 facilities in North America providing worldwide product distribution. Today, products from the company's four major divisions, Polyiso Roof & Wall Insulation, Shingle & Underlayment, Molded Products, and Web Technologies, are manufactured in state-of-the-art facilities and shipped from our network of manufacturing plants and distribution facilities in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Atlas Roofing Shingles and Underlayment is seeking a Plant Engineer for the Franklin, OH facility.
Plant Engineer Primary Responsibilities
- Areas of responsibility include the design or development of new process systems or revisions of existing processes, equipment, developing and coordinating implementation projects which contribute substantially to plant profitability.
- Assist with preparing programs and coordinate operational information for plant management.
- Provide oversight for the management of safety devices, NDT testing, equipment inspections and various process evaluations to ensure equipment is operating safely and meeting code requirements.
- Oversee the safe and efficient operation of an Asphalt processing plant and tank farm. Coordinate with suppliers, trucking and rail providers to ensure raw materials are ordered and received to support the plant.
- Understand of steam production, fluid flow, pumps, valving, and associated standard maintenance practices.
- Oversee environmental compliance for all permitted equipment to ensure the operation adheres to corporate, state and local regulations.
- Develop, estimate, and implement capital projects throughout the mill. Oversee the budget, schedule, and commissioning of new projects. Help in the development of the capital plan for the operation.
- Some travel is required to other facilities and equipment vendors.
- Maintain a safe work environment and safety management of assigned employees.
- Responsible for leading teams of plant department (production, quality, etc.) and securing appropriate research and engineering personnel to assist with projects.
Plant Engineer Experience
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in as a practicing Engineer in a manufacturing environment
- Roofing manufacturing experience a plus
Plant Engineer Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Organization - Must have sound organizational skills.
- Communication - Ability to provide relevant and timely information in a clear manner both verbally and in writing.
- Follow Through – Fulfills the requirements of the position as described. Follow-through on completion of assigned tasks in a timely manner. Anticipates what needs to be done and proceeds without direction in a timely manner
- Problem Solving – Ability to think through issues and develop solutions in a timely manner.
- Language - Must be able to speak fluent English.
- Mathematical abilities - advanced arithmetic, statistics, and algebra.
- Advanced reasoning ability - Ability to read and interpret governmental policies and procedures. Ability to present information and respond to questions from employees and all levels of management.
- Competent with Auto CAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project, Internet, email.
- Must possess an exemplary attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills
Plant Engineer Education, Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Atlas Roofing Corporation offers a competitive compensation and vacation/holiday package as well as a comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D/LTD insurance, 401k and Medical & Dependent Care Spending Accounts.
Atlas Roofing Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
No calls or agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- What is your desired annual salary?
- Plant Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Industrial maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Building materials: 3 years (Preferred)
- Licensed Professional Engineer (Preferred)
Work Location: In person