A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives—every day.
The Principle Engineer is responsible for leading project and program development in the realization of general business product design objectives. Makes decisions and recommendations recognized as authoritative and has an important impact on extensive engineering activities. Applies judgment, in assistance to the manager, in determining program technical objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects, and developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
· Recognized leader and authority in their organization in a broad area of specialization or a narrow but intensely specialized field.
· Selects research problems to further the organization’s objectives and conceives and plans investigations or broad areas of considerable novelty and importance where engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the overall engineering program.
· Consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on their scientific interpretations and advice.
· Contributes inventions, new designs, or techniques that are regarded as major advances in their field.
· Participate in planning objectives and furthering business opportunities for the company derived from broad general objectives and limits.
· Support departmental priorities for all water heating development projects: Safety, Quality, Cost reduction, New product development
· Plan short-range and long-range water heating product development programs to achieve and fulfill: Market requirements, Good manufacturing practices, Product cost requirements, the Best balance of manpower, expense and desired program completion dates, Regulatory requirements
· Serve as a consultant in the process of solving field and production support that require design changes, component or material substitutions, etc.
· Provide sound estimates of time and expense required for engineering projects, Good communication channels for program progress up and down within the Division organization, Recommendations of personnel and facilities needed to accomplish engineering goals.
· Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with key engineers and associates of other organizations, regulatory agencies, and suppliers, requiring skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
· Assist the Manager in providing coaching, motivational and professional development advice to other members of the department.
· Participate in industry standards development activities when needed.
· Supervise employees assigned to the project group and be responsible for contractual fulfillment of the assigned projects. Define objectives, prepare specifications, plans and schedules and assign. responsibilities to subordinates. Coordinate the design, development, manufacture, test, and delivery of projects.
· Analyze and or perform research and testing on potential designs as they relate to numerous requirements including agency, shop, fit, cost, strength, and schedule.
· Prepare progress reports to management covering all phases of the project.
· Apply physical, electrical, and mathematical concepts to solve design problems, and the creation of new designs.
· Manage projects of large and small scale, to ensure the project is executed within time, cost, and budget constraints.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes.
· Bachelor’s OR Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· 5-8 years of related experience in project management within a product development environment, or a graduate degree with 5- 8 years of related experience in project management in a product development environment.
· 5+ years Providing work direction.
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and MS Project.
· Working knowledge of SolidWorks or equivalent design software.
· Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a matrix team environment.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication, and leadership skills required.
· Management of large and complex projects from inception to completion.
· Knowledge of engineering release processes, lean manufacturing principles, six sigma, Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA), PCB Design software, Product life cycle, and controls.
· Comprehension of cost and financial accounting principles, vendor identification and development, capacity and methods analysis, and tooling and metal fabrication processes.
· Minimum 10 years experience in product design and development engineering.
· Ability to apply broad engineering principles related to mechanical, structural, electrical, and materials to the design of water heating products.
· Strong project management, analytical and financial skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Business analysis and decision-making skills.
· Familiar with the capabilities of typical design software utilized for CAD, FEA, CFD, etc.
· Experience with agency approval requirements and familiarity with appliance standards development
· Ability to write effective reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
· Must be capable of working in a Laboratory Test Facility around loud equipment.
· Ability to travel when required.
· History of regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Ph.D. Degree in Engineering with experience in product development, risk management, critical design and optimization analysis, the conceptualization of solutions involving novelty, and solving of previously unaddressed challenges not achieved by others in the industry.
· Experience in cross-functional project management education or training.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Product Development: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person