Magee Technologies, LLC (MTech) is a small business focused on aerospace structural design, analysis, and certification. Our team has a broad range of experience working on military, commercial and unmanned air vehicles. We are currently seeking a Full-Time Subsystem Engineer, with no less than 7 years’ experience to join our team in Jacksonville, Florida where we combine state-of-the-art tools and big business processes in a small team environment. The ideal candidate is looking for a fast-paced environment where they have a meaningful and direct impact on overall team success.
Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate military weapons systems. Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation. Applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, tests, or evaluates software, components, or systems related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapons systems, associated support systems, or management information systems.
Summary of Position
The Subsystems Engineer will use their technical expertise to support aircraft design, and/or in-service engineering on complex aircraft and/or their associated systems. The position requires a practical state-of-the-science knowledge of aerospace or mechanical engineering and associated aircraft subsystem maintenance processes and equipment. This knowledge is used to provide technical professional expertise and oversight on assigned aircraft systems, components, or parts, ensuring they are safe, reliable, maintainable, and operational. Salary is commensurate with level of experience and education.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide airworthiness determinations of unique component/aircraft system discrepancies.
- Perform engineering investigations related to mishaps, failures, performance problems, or other malfunctions to determine root cause of failures and corrective actions.
- Analyze and evaluate safety and reliability of assigned aircraft systems or components through a review of data in management information systems and deficiency reports and/or through flight tests or other means.
- Write and implement subsystems related directives, design changes or inspections to assure flight safety and reliability.
- Provide engineering technical expertise and advice to field, depot, or other personnel regarding operation, overhaul, repair, and modification of assigned subsystem components.
- Advise on and approve the substitution of parts, materials, processes, and waivers of requirements.
- Perform subsystem/component analysis to develop and enhance preventative maintenance programs.
- Develop plans, statements of work, specifications, cost estimates and selection criteria that will be used to solicit and award contracts to purchase critical aircraft parts or systems, extend the life of an aircraft, incorporate new technologies, improve reliability, or increase competition.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS/MS degree in one of the following: Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience in design, modification and/or repair of aerospace subsystem components required for AE II
- Minimum 10 years of experience in design, modification and/or repair of aerospace subsystems components required for AE III
- Minimum 15 years of experience in design, modification and/or repair of aerospace systems components required for AE IV
- Minimum 20 years of experience in design, modification and/or repair of aerospace systems components required for Principal Engineer
- Experience with CAD software, desired.
- MUST be US Citizen with the ability to attain a SECRET security clearance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proficiency in technical writing.
- Proficiency with MS Office Tools
The physical duties described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may require some travel.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55.00 - $75.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Aerospace Engineering: 7 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote