This position designs vehicle conversions and products that solve global mobility needs for people with disabilities. Work includes, but not limited to, CAD conversion layouts, hands on OEM chassis modifications, integrations & components including structural/electrical modifications to create a wheelchair accessible compliant platform via the addition of ramps, lifts, restraints, specialty flooring applications, docks, etc. Also includes design and development projects for standalone unique ramp & lift accessibility applications.
· 3D Solid Modeling and participation in product/component/system discussions. Building prototypes, executing testing, field testing, etc. Hands on proto, buck, IVER builds. True exploratory work.
· Interactive participation and brainstorming discussions with start-ups, OEMs, emerging companies about accessibility, first and last mile, ride sharing, etc.
· Participation is discussions with other project engineers and/or other departments about projects outside the assigned span of control.
- Occasional travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Experience in a manufacturing engineering role in assembly or fabrication environment preferred, or relevant intern experience is a bonus
- Must be proficient using 3D CAD modeling and 2D CAD software (Autodesk Inventor)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter. Also, must possess the ability to function well under the demands of project due dates
- Must have a high level of mechanical design ability. Experience with metal fabrication and machining is a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed
- Extremely organized, accurate and possesses a strong attention to detail required
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills needed
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve and analyze problems
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently and work with a cross-functional team
· CAD/ 3Dsolid modeling (Autodesk Inventor), Microsoft Office, hand tools, welder, and all things metal fabrication related.
At BraunAbility, we have been providing independence for individuals with disabilities since 1972. Ralph Braun started this venture nearly four decades ago with a few dedicated and loyal employees. We have grown to be the world's leading mobility manufacturer with nearly 1700 employees globally. We have maintained an employee first mentality with an informal and family-oriented atmosphere. You will enjoy all the resources of a large, worldwide company while relishing a small company atmosphere with an open-door policy and very easy access to management and ownership. In addition to competitive pay, benefits and opportunities for advancement, a career with BraunAbility also means knowing that you're making a difference.
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Performance bonus program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Wellness Program
- Access to a Health Coach
BraunAbility is committed to building an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person