Community Health Systems Developer- Climate Planning
SALARY: $4699.00/ Month - Plus Excellent Benefits
CLOSING: Open Until Filled
DEPARTMENT: Public Health
WORK LOCATION: This position will be based out of the Hermiston Office. This is NOT a remote position and work will be fully onsite.
Lead implementation of UCo Health's efforts to plan and prepare for impacts of severe weather events. Collaborates with community and statewide partners in the development and implementation of a local/regional climate adaptation plan. Works closely with local governments, businesses, health care, and social service organizations to engage in planning and coordination activities. Develops and maintains community connections throughout the Modernization Collaborative Region to assist partner jurisdictions with the development and implementation of the regional climate adaptation goals.
- Baccalaureate degree in public health, health education, public administration or related field; OR any combination of education and experience related to public health practice, community health, environmental health, engaging community partnerships, cultivating relationships across diverse communities or other relevant fields as determined by the hiring authority; may be substituted for the degree.
- Experience in public speaking, to include delivering impromptu and prepared presentations to stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge of public health practice and community health development to include assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation; ability to organize partnerships, exercise initiative, communicate orally and in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner; utilize word processing software and the Internet with a high level of competence; and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships within culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to be intuitive and work independently and as part of a team.
- Possess a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug screen.
- Ability and availability to work outside normal working hours to include evening and/or out-of-county meetings. Occasional overnight travel required.
- Graduate degree in public health, health education, public administration or related field.
- Bilingual Spanish.
*This position under State of Oregon mandates is required to provide proof of full COVID vaccination or have an approved medical or religious exception as a qualification of employment.*
Use of Umatilla County application is MANDATORY and must be submitted via our online portal at https://umatilla.casellehire.com/job. Anyone who qualifies for Veterans' Preference in Public Employment provided for in OAR 839-006-0435; please include proper certification (OAR 839-006-0465) with your application. Any applicant with a disability who needs reasonable accommodation in any step of the application or hiring process to assist or to demonstrate qualifications or to perform the essential functions of the job for which the applicant is applying should inform the Human Resources Department.
Umatilla County provides employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants, without unlawful regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran's status or any other status protected by applicable Federal, Oregon, or Local Law.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $4,699.00 per month
Work Location: In person