The Network Engineer role is responsible for the configuring, installing, troubleshooting and repairing offerings technical solutions for our customers.
Scope of Role Responsibilities
Essential, key job responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
· Meeting the billable/chargeable targets set by the company. Billable and chargeable time should consist of assessments, planning, design, configuration, installation and support of the solutions offered by the practice.
· Assisting Presales and Marketing where applicable. Specifically supporting the team with validation of solution designs, bill of materials, statements of work, and labor estimate when appropriate.
· Attending seminars as requested by the Professional Services Management Team.
· Consistent, accurate and timely tracking of client work, service calls, and related documentation including timesheets.
· Travel: To Customer sites as needed. Access to a vehicle is required.
Additional job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Assisting the team with the creation of technical tools and templates to help improve the quality of the service delivery process.
· Developing partner SE/Peer relationships.
· Supporting internal technical projects where applicable.
· Acquire technical certifications per training plan.
· Attend technical classes and web training.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
Role Qualifications and Requirements
· At least 2 to 5 years of implementation and troubleshooting experience with Cisco networking and Palo Alto and/or Fortinet.
· Ability to relay technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
· Strong written/verbal communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving or troubleshooting skills
· Must possess excellent time management skills
· Ability to travel to client premises on a daily basis
· Ability to work evenings and weekends as required during client cutovers.
· This position requires a high level of independence and strong client service skills. Organizational ability is important to keep track of all tasks, because the job requires a great deal of multi-tasking.
· Must be a team player, yet work well independently.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Must supply reliable cell phone. Cell phone costs may be reimbursed.
Onsite travel to the client site in Tallahassee is required.
The following qualifications are ideal, but not required:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· At least one major vendor certification (Microsoft MCSE, MCITP, CCDA, CCNP, CCIE, CCNA, VCP, Citrix CCEA, etc.).
NWN Carousel is an Equal Opportunity Employer: NWN Carousel provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment free from unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tallahassee, FL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Cisco R/S: 2 years (Required)
- Implementation: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person