Are you a skilled Systems Engineer with experience in high voltage systems and lithium-ion battery technology? Do you want to work on cutting-edge projects that drive innovation in the electrification industry? If so, we want you to join our team!
We are looking for a Systems Engineer with a focus on electrification to design and develop high voltage electrical systems that power our products. As a member of our High Voltage Battery Team, you will be responsible for the electrical system requirements for electrical components, BMS software review, and EOL (End of Line) test requirements for the high voltage battery pack design. You will work closely with the high voltage battery supplier to review and evaluate the requirements of the battery as well as with the BMS team to ensure seamless integration.
We offer competitive salary and benefits packages, as well as opportunities for growth and development within the company. If you're ready to take your career in electrification to the next level, apply today!
The Systems Engineer is an experienced professional engineer with Automotive Systems design experience. They have working knowledge of automotive architecture, automotive networks, automotive requirements, High Voltage (HEV/EV) architectures. They have experience working in automotive product development teams.
The Systems Engineer (BDU) will primarily work on the development of cutting-edge Battery Disconnect Units for electric vehicles. They will apply multi-discipline experience to assess the requirements, architect, and produce BDUs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The High Voltage Battery Team is responsible for the design of high voltage battery pack design. The system engineer is responsible for the electrical system requirements for electrical components, BMS software review as well as EOL (End of Line) test requirements. This position requires communicating with the high voltage battery supplier to review and evaluate the requirements of the battery as well as communicating with BMS team.
- Identify battery system requirements and test requirements
- Develop electrical schematics for the battery pack and battery disconnect unit (BDU)
- Review high voltage battery electrical components
- Select electrical component suppliers and work with the suppliers
- Review and approve electrical component DFMEA and DVP&R
- Review and approve design changes
- Ensure all HV battery pack electrical standards and requirements are met
- Support component PPAP submission for electrical components
- Systems or Electrical Engineering degree
- High voltage (over 200V) battery design experience is a must.
- Experience with supplier design review and help the supplier to meet requirements and timeline
- Experience in system requirement developments and defining a system level architect.
- Familiar with Lithium ion battery technology.
- Experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and data acquisition systems.
- Strong data-driven analytical/problem solving skills.
- A team player with self-motivation to identify and close design issues
- Prefer bilingual proficiency in English and Chinese Mandarin.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $78,000.00 - $98,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- EV Battery Power: 3 years (Preferred)
- Automotive Tier 1: 5 years (Preferred)
- Global Project Managment: 3 years (Preferred)
- Read & write in Chinese Mandarin: 3 years (Preferred)
- Chinese Mandarin (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Remote