Hendrickson Auxiliary Axle, located in Hebron, Ohio is looking for a Project Engineer to join the team and be a part of supporting our Mission to build value for employees, customers and stakeholders by delivering timely, cost-effective, innovative ride solutions to advance the global commercial transportation industry.
"The World Rides on Us"
Plan and lead assigned engineering projects associated with the growth and expansion of product line. Coordinate product development, design, and implementation to meet the customer needs.
- Estimate loads for suspension subcomponents
- Create 3D models in CAD (Siemens NX “Unigraphics”)
- Analyze components for fatigue life (ANSYS)
- Review designs for customer requirements, cost, and manufacturability
- Prepare product layouts and detailed drawings
- Provide technical information regarding manufacturing processes, materials, properties and process advantages & limitations
- Manage project scope, time, and budget
- 50% projects for US market, 50% for joint venture (India)
- Create presentations for weekly customer and joint venture meetings
- Resolve design application and manufacturing challenges
- Coordinate the procurement and manufacture of prototype products
- Internal departments, suppliers, and joint venture
- Initiate and drive cost reduction efforts for existing product
- Maintain regular attendance.
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Agricultural, Aeronautical, or related engineering field required.
- Eight years engineering experience, ideally in related industry preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, analytical approach to problem solving, mechanically perceptive and creative/innovative with hands-on orientation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Organized and possess strong follow-up skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position constantly.
- Minimal need to move about inside office and plant designated area.
- Occasional movement of hands, wrists, or fingers such as typing, filing, and writing.
- Constantly exposed to office designated area.
- Minimal exposure to loud noises.
- Innovative, Feedback, and Cooperation
- Attention to Detail
- Facilitating Groups
- Managing Programs or Projects
- Safety Focus
*This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management’s sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person