About the role:
We are currently seeking a Sr. Environmental Engineer to join our Environmental & Land team in Gillette WY. The position performs essential engineering design and environmental permitting duties to support Peabody’s Western Operations.
Duties will include:
- Prepare scientific and engineering assessments for inclusion in permit applications, revisions, amendments, and annual reports with the goal of meeting regulatory performance standards and minimizing mine costs.
- Design and prepare reclamation performance bond calculations, including constructing reclamation bond topography based on current mine configuration, post mine topography, and reclamation schedules.
- Design and prepare asset retirement obligation plans and cost estimates.
- Prepare post mine grading and topsoil replacement plans and reports.
- Prepare, review and certify permit maps and drainage control and impoundment designs.
- Provide engineering and environmental support to Operations, Technical Services, and Land business functions.
- Other duties as assigned by the company.
This position is a full-time role, working from our North Complex Mine in Gillette WY.
- B.S. Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mining Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification (Preferred), additional experience can be substituted.
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification with ability to obtain PE.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of engineering experience
- A strong commitment to safety
- Must have strong understanding of mine and reclamation design principles.
- Knowledge of the post mine topography design process
- Knowledge of U.S. mining environmental regulations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, SurvCAD and AutoCAD
- Experience with Vulcan and/or 3-D Dig Software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate with others in a team setting.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and adjust to shifting work priorities.
- Must have the ability to perform office-related tasks which may include prolonged sitting or standing.
- Must have the ability to move from place to place within an office environment.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Some positions may require occasional repetitive motion or movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Peabody reserves the right to revise job descriptions or change and/or modify job responsibilities, functions and requirements as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Peabody was founded in 1883 and has grown to be a leading pure-play coal company serving power and steel customer in more than 25 countries on six continents. The company offers significant scale, high-quality assets, and diversity in geography and products.
EEO Disclaimer: Peabody Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Peabody is a globally diverse company which offers an inclusive work environment to engage, recognize and develop employees. The company values the power of inclusion and diversity as a competitive advantage and is committed to increasing the number of diverse employees throughout its operations. We welcome applications from all diversity groups to assist us in honoring our commitment.
Apply to Peabody today and grow your career with us.
For more information, visit https://www.peabodyenergy.com/Work-With-Usor click apply now.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gillette, WY 82718: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Mining: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person