Title: Graduate Engineer
LJA recognizes that our success depends on the quality of the people we hire. We are currently seeking highly talented individuals that take pride in their work, function exceptionally well in team environments, and contribute to the overall success of the company. As a 100% employee-owned company, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit that helps drive the bottom line and the long-term professional and financial success of our employees. With more than 50 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future.
Summary: This candidate will perform general civil engineering work including developmental assignments involving the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out routine engineering tasks under close supervision. The candidate will apply prescribed methods to complete limited and specific portions of the broader assignment of an experienced engineer. This candidate will be involved with plan preparation, design calculations and specification preparation on schematic and PS&E projects across the state of Texas.
- Perform a variety of fundamental design tasks to gain familiarity with programs and procedures applicable to public infrastructure consulting engineering.
- Review client supplied documents and standards to determine existing conditions and proposed project execution.
- Obtain project information from clients or other LJA personnel as directed.
- Attends design review meetings and must coordinate with other team members to execute multidisciplinary projects.
- Plan preparation, design calculations, and specification preparation on Schematic and PS&E projects.
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering is required
- Engineer-in-Training or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Up to 2 year of experience
- Experience with AutoCAD/MicroStation are required
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships