Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
Cyient is hiring for an experienced Mechanical Engineer, ideally with experience in Automated People Mover (APM) train systems. You will design systems and products related to the APMs, create design packages and provide technical expertise to design and production teams. You may also have experience with Metro, Rail, Rolling Stock, Locomotive, Mechanical, People Movers, Monorail, Interiors, Exteriors. You are also experienced with Catia V5, 3D-COM, VPM, PDM, or Teamcenter.
This position is an onsite opportunity in the Pittsburgh, PA area. All candidates must be able to report to an office daily (relocation assistance available)
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop a complete technical Scope of Work for rolling stock based on technical and system requirements.
- Perform 3D models, Bill of Materials and 2D deliverables in compliance with APM Pittsburgh standards.
- APM undercar equipment installation process and constraints
- Expertise Alstom tools and processes
- Designing products taking into account project requirements, performances and manufacturability, integration of mechanical and electrical assemblies and understanding the vehicle interior/exteriors requirements and translate into concept.
- Identify and select appropriate materials and surface finish of Vehicle Interiors / exterior parts, primarily with APM 300R Interiors
- Through understating of stack-up / individual tolerances and its effect on the assemblies.
- Conduct engineering studies and prepare or lead the preparation of specifications for both internal and external presentation.
Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical Engineering / Production Engineering / Aeronautical Engineering / Automotive Engineering
Experience (Essential Functions)
- 10+ years of experience in Mechanical Design Engineering, Minimum four years in APM Projects.
- Knowledge of metallic materials (physical properties and design), industrial processes (welding, bending, machining). Must be familiar with welding codes (ex. AWS D1.x & D8.x).
- Required work experience in Catia v5 (at least 4+ years).
- Preferred work experience in PDM / PLM (Enovia-DMA, 3DCom)
- Preferred experience on overhaul projects and reverse engineering.Cyient_indeed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person