Corvid Technologies is seeking qualified candidates to join our applied Aerodynamics group. Applicants should have advanced degrees (MS, Ph.D.) in aerodynamics with a focus in Computational Fluid Dynamics. An ideal applicant will have two to five years of experience applying CFD methods to ground vehicle aerodynamics or thermal management systems.
General responsibilities of this position include:
- Grid generation on and development of complex internal/external geometries
- Developing and executing CFD solutions and applying results to systems of interest
- Conceptualizing surface modifications to achieve aerodynamic performance goals
- Generating day-to-day informal and formal reports
Candidates should be familiar with running and analyzing results from CFD applications, either commercial or research. All candidates should be self-motivated and be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills as well as basic computer skills. This position will primarily support our motorsports programs.
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in aerodynamics
- Strong background in fluid dynamics
- Advanced proficiency in Applied CFD methods
- Familiarity with CAD
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Outstanding time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of CAD surfacing (specifically Catia, NX, or Rhino)
- Familiarity with ANSA
- Experience with aerodynamic development of race cars
- Proficiency in scripting and automation (Java, Python, Bash, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Corvid is a small business that provides technology-based solutions to a diverse customer base ranging from the Missile Defense Agency to NASCAR. Founded in 2004, we are a group of over 140 engineers and scientists that provide end-to-end solutions including concept development, design and optimization, prototype build, test and manufacture. We leverage the predictive capability of our high-fidelity computational physics solvers, indigenous massively parallel supercomputer system, prototyping plant, and ballistics and mechanics lab to investigate a variety of high-rate physics phenomena.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per year
Work Location: In person