The Engineer - PL Integrity coordinates, implements, and executes pipeline integrity management projects for intrastate and interstate liquid and natural gas pipelines. This position reports to the Manager of Pipeline Integrity
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs project management duties for inline inspection projects and other projects as assigned.
- Works with ILI service providers including coordinating ILI bid packages, selection, evaluation, and award.
- Develops and maintains inline inspection and integrity testing schedules.
- Submits proposed projects to support execution of the company Integrity Management Plan ensuring compliance with all federal and state pipeline safety regulations.
- Analyzes ILI data with communication and coordination of pipeline repair activities in response to ILI anomalies.
- Manages the Integrity Management Plan requirements for HCA areas. Performs threat and risk analysis.
- Advises engineering and construction groups to facilitate long term operation, maintenance, and assessment of newly installed or retrofitted facilities.
- Interacts with other integrity engineers, the corrosion group, operations, liquid & gas control, and GIS group on a regular basis for efficient implementation of the pipeline integrity plan.
- Must be able to operate Microsoft Office applications and other personal computer-based applications for gathering, integrating, analyzing and reporting pipeline integrity related data.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering, Civil, Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum Engineering preferred.
- Experience in pipeline operations, design, or maintenance.
- Experience in pipeline assessment, fitness for service evaluation, risk management, and code compliance (49 CFR Part 192, 49 CFR Part 195, ASME B31.8, ASME B31.8S,)
- Excellent abilities operating personal computers and office computer software (MS Excel).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivator with the ability to perform effectively under minimal supervision
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- The Engineer level requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 3-6 years of relevant job related experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- pipeline operations, design or maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- pipeline assessment, risk management & code compliance: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person