Who we are...
COCC delivers complete enterprise processing solutions to financial institutions throughout the northeastern United States. Listed among American Banker's FinTech 100 and the Inc. 5,000 fastest growing companies in the nation, COCC inspires the industry with innovation and top quality support. Designated as a Top Workplace in Connecticut, COCC recognizes employees as the core of our success! COCC offers a progressive training program to support employees in personal and professional development.
What we need...
We are looking to hire a customer facing Field Systems Engineer II with Windows Server, Exchange/365 and VDI Deployment/Migration experience to provide consulting and implementation services for customers of COCC.
The primary focus of this role will be facilitate server migrations from a customers on premise infrastructure to COCC’s hosted virtual infrastructure. The candidate will be involved in the discovery, planning and executing these server migrations with in a larger scale migration project and must be able to hit target deadlines. The candidate will assist the team in the deployment of virtual desktops and must have a good understanding of Windows Desktops. You will also provide general IT consulting services and monthly health checks for assigned clients.
This role encompasses VMware vSphere, Exchange/365 Deployment, Windows System Administration, Network Engineering and end user support in a Professional Services context. You will be responsible for implementing, automating, troubleshooting and supporting issues related to Windows Server, VMware Horizon View, Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, TCP/IP, DHCP / DNS and other technologies. You will provide 1st End User Computing (EUC) support, including networking and application installations and support for our customers
What’s in it for you…
All of the benefits you’d expect from an award winning employer plus:
- A customized training plan to successfully onboard you through your first year
- A robust employee training and development program
- Generous PTO offering as well as competitive pay and benefits
- On-site fitness center
- Tuition Reimbursement
- One on one career coaching
- Financial planning assistance with certified professionals
- Fun employee events such as company outings, trivia, sports leagues, wellness events
- Peer recognition programs
What you'll do...
- Support of banks PCs, servers and networks – Virtual and Physical
- Network consulting and support at client sites.
- Installation and support client virtual systems, and COCC core applications
- Installation and support standard PC based applications as well as industry specific applications.
- Installation/Upgrading/Troubleshooting Servers, workstations, printers, applications, switches/hubs and all related peripherals
- Performing preventative maintenance and help manage security for servers, workstations, printers, applications, switches/hubs and all related peripherals
- Planning and documenting upgrades and security of servers, workstations, printers, applications, switches/hubs and all related peripherals
- Diagraming and documenting existing servers, workstations, printers, applications, switches/hubs and all related peripherals
- Miscellaneous work and other projects as needed
What you'll bring...
- Strong customer service and professional client facing skills.
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience in deploying Windows Servers and Microsoft Exchange
- A minimum of 1+years of experience in professional services and/or a financial organization
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE, CCNA, and VCP) are a strong plus and some will be required within a year of joining COCC
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management both verbally and in writing.
- Self-sufficient and the capacity to work alone or with a team and adhere tight project deadlines with little supervision.
- Understanding of COCC core applications
- Required Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 On-Premise
- System migrations and ability to operate and maintain Microsoft Networks
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Subnetting, and Routing concepts (up to L3)
- VMware vSphere Administration.
- Ability to operate, install, configure and maintain the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 - 2016
- Microsoft Windows Desktop 7 and above
- Active Directory and Domain Services
- Standard Windows applications
- Preferred Technical Skills:
- Ideal Candidates with working knowledge in the following:
- Office 365
- VMware Horizon View
- CommVault or similar Enterprise backup solution
- IGEL UMS or similar
- Dell EqualLogic or similar
- CCNA level comprehension
- PowerShell and basic scripting
- This position may require travel up to 100%
- Flexible hours and home office when not traveling
- Weekend and after hours may be required
- Laptop provided and Phone reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursed at IRS rate.
- Additional Compensation - Bonuses.
COCC is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. All applicants are required to pass a credit, background, and substance test prior to employment. COCC procures background and consumer reports in compliance with all Federal and State regulations, including The Fair Credit Reporting Act and CT Department of Labor laws regarding pre-employment screens. COCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Multiple locations