Since our founding in 1983, Benshaw has grown to become a recognized leader in the design, development and manufacture of mission critical motor controls and drives. That’s why, when the application is critical, and the environment harsh, customers specify Benshaw more than any other brand.
Intelligent, creative, and determined people have made us who we are today. We recognize that hiring and developing talent is a key element in our continued growth. We are looking for people with ambition and commitment to excellence to continue to drive these results. If you are looking for a business environment where people treat each other with mutual respect and dignity and each employee can make a difference, Benshaw is the company for you. We offer competitive pay, medical, vision and dental benefits, 401(k) with a 3.5% employer match, as well as a host of other additional health and employee benefits.
We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer for our Research and Development Team.
Benshaw is a worldwide leader in industrial motor controls. The primary purpose of this position is the development of industrial motor controllers and protection devices used to control motors from 1 horsepower up to 22,500 horsepower. This development can take the form of pc-board designs, power electronics designs, conformance testing (UL and IEC), as well as support of the manufacturing of these products. This position is in the Benshaw Research and Development department where Benshaw’s new products are created.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design, develop, and maintain pc-board based hardware designs used in all of Benshaw’s products.
· Work with other electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, and lab technicians at Benshaw throughout the development process to evaluate new hardware designs, functions and performance goals to support the creation and release of new products.
· Work with engineers in the debugging of new and revised hardware and power electronics. Perform testing of thermal, vibration, humidity, ESD, and EMC testing to verify and improve designs.
· Work closely with multidisciplinary and international teams to develop product specifications, define functionality, interfaces, and assist with project planning.
· With the Benshaw team, lead and perform testing and complete approval programs for third party (UL, CSA, IEC, and ETL) compliance.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related degrees.
- Experience with Altium Designer or other similar EDA programs
- Experience with SCR and/or IGBT based power electronics designs
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Experience with engineering debug and analysis using tools such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, and signal generators.
- Experience writing design documentation such as requirements documents, test specifications, technical memos, and hardware design specifications.
- The ability to drive to the completion of projects independently and communicate issues and needs clearly.
- Experience with working with supply chain and vendors.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- There will be occasional travel to test products at third party test laboratories and customer locations.
- Self-management and motivation are keys to success for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pittsburgh, PA 15238: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- mechanical designing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person