Project Launch Engineer
Five Star Fabricating, Inc. is a fast-growing manufacturing company with a focus on innovation, customer service, and a winning mindset. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Project Launch Engineer to join our team at our Twin Lakes, WI facility. The Project Launch Engineer will be responsible for managing new customer projects from the sales hand off stage through full production, ensuring that all parts are fabricated to meet customer specifications. This individual will play a crucial role in guaranteeing the successful launch of products and overseeing the first article inspection process to ensure that all customer requirements for quality and delivery are met.
- Collaborate with the sales team to receive and review new customer projects, ensuring a seamless transition from the sales process to project launch.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project plans, including timelines, milestones, and resource allocation, to ensure on-time delivery and successful execution.
- Coordinate with various internal teams, including design, fabrication, and quality control, to guarantee that all parts are fabricated in accordance with customer specifications and requirements.
- Manage the first article inspection process, collaborating with the quality control team to ensure that all parts meet customer requirements for quality and delivery dates.
- Act as the primary point of contact for customers throughout the project launch phase, providing regular updates on project progress and addressing any concerns or issues that may arise.
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction, making recommendations for implementation to management.
- Ensure all documentation related to the project launch, including engineering drawings, specifications, and inspection reports, is accurately maintained, and organized.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in Mechanical, Industrial, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering role, preferably in a fabrication or manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of managing projects from concept through full production, with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal teams and interact with customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software, and CAD software.
- Experience with first article inspection and quality control processes is a plus.
Come join a winning team!
Weekly paychecks, great benefits, new state-of-the art facility, cool products, great culture and much more!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Twin Lakes, WI 53181: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have experience collaborating and coordinating with various internal teams?
- Manufacturing Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person