The Backend and Cloud Software Developer is responsible for working with Hemodynamics and Oximetry teams to develop the common backend interconnectivity and interoperability systems. This role will work with the software development team to implement backend technologies for data transmission across connected devices for various functions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design back-end software components into new and existing .NET applications, specifically web applications and cloud components, through implementing interfaces, REST and other APIs, data structures, and other common design patterns.
· Create effective user-interfaces for displaying patient data, physiological signals, etc.
· Implement under secure environment requirements, both in code and platform/infrastructure.
· Deploy and configure basic public-cloud components such as Databases, Web Applications, Function Handlers, API management, Services, Storage, Containers, and Virtual Networking.
· Complete other duties as assigned, related to the development of software used in medical devices and their supporting infrastructure, integration, production, and support functions.
· Developing subsystems in full-stack software products and influencing the architecture for the product ecosystem, from conception to market.
· Work independently as well as in an agile software development team.
· Develop software under ISO 62304, creating effective software documentation for quality assurance.
· Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings as necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Equivalent; or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of relevant industry experience, or equivalent.
· Intermediate experience in the .NET stack: ASP.NET, C#, Visual Studio.
· Proficient experience with Microsoft Azure or similar public cloud technologies.
· Developed or familiar with 3rd party interfaces and APIs to integrate with web services and applications.
· Experience with developing and managing REST APIs.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and high level of proficiency in the English language.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience with the MVC unified web stack for both websites and services in ASP.NET.
· Development experience ASP.NET technologies, such as SignalR and Web Forms.
· Familiarity with .NET web application frameworks in C#.
· Development experience in a regulated industry, such as under the FDA Practical experience in executing code releases, design-phase transitions, and quality reviews.
· Experience in developing in an agile development framework, SCRUM preferred
· Experience in developing with a modern Software Version Control System, such as Git.
· Knowledge of the principles of photoplethysmography and its application.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
· Fast-Paced, high-volume office environment with frequent interruptions.
· Work requires travel to meetings, site visits, and experiment sites.
· Proficient use of office equipment including computers, copiers, fax machines and telephones.
· Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
· Ability to communicate effectively via spoken, written and electronic means.
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
**Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job**
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Relevant Industry: 5 years (Required)
- .NET stack: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations