EXPLEO USA is currently looking for Stress Engineer (Metallic/Composite, Fuselage, Structure) to join our team for an exciting new opportunity ON-SITE in Tulsa, OK.
The Stress Engineer will apply knowledge of engineering principles, theories, concepts, industry practices and standards to deliver high quality design engineering solutions while assuring procedural compliance within assigned engineering project teams.
- Plan, organize and prioritize work contents based on project deliverables.
- Perform detailed stress analysis of aircraft metallic and composite Fuselage components, by classical hand analysis as well as Finite Element methods, to support the structural design change efforts.
- Review and analyze design changes
- Check to fatigue/static/DT loads
- Generate stress substantiation reports.
- Develop or review structural qualification plans in accordance with OEM standards and regulatory requirements.
- Review and approve vendor drawings, stress reports, and test reports when requested.
- Coordinate with design engineers, team lead, suppliers, and technical management personnel to assure that the design meets or exceeds the project deliverables and complies with the regulatory requirements.
- Participate in regularly scheduled design reviews and is responsible for presenting stress findings and challenge design solutions.
- Compile and generate progress reports to convey deliverable objectives.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing work assignments.
- 2-6 years of experience in Aerospace Stress Engineering
- Prior experience using analysis methods/tools
- Experience with both Composite and Metallic structure
- Experience in static (FE and free body), fatigue and transient analysis, Nastran, Patran, Abaqus.
- Able to perform detailed stress analysis using classical hand calculations/analysis as well as Finite Element methods
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project PC tools
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- A professional and dynamic work setting
- Cutting edge industrial projects that will advance your career
Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, production support, MRO, and quality services, with a presence in over 30 countries. To find out more, visit www.expleogroup.com
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $54.00 - $75.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- This position must be worked 100% on-site in Tulsa, OK. Are you able to reliably commute or relocate with assistance?
- Stress analysis: 2 years (Required)
- Aerospace: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person