ELECTRICAL & CONTROLS ENGINEER
This role is housed at our Lebanon, Missouri, facility.
Independent Stave Company is hiring an Electrical and Controls Engineer to join our team of engineers. As an Electrical and Controls Engineer, you will work as a team member within Independent Stave's Engineering Group that functions as an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), designing and building new equipment and applications for use within Independent Stave Company. These designs will utilize devices such as Rockwell Automation / Allen-Bradley ControlLogix & GuardLogix PLCs, Kinetix Servo Drive Systems, and Powerflex VFDs.
As an Electrical and Controls Engineer, experience with logic and coding challenges is essential to helping us build new production facilities and upgrade and innovate our production process and systems, resulting in increased quality and output efficiencies.
Our ideal candidate is an inventive problem solver that can work through technical challenges and employ pragmatic solutions. This role requires some travel working with new equipment installations and process changes at our facilities.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary based on experience and skills
ELECTRICAL and CONTROLS ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create Programmable Logic Control (PLC) systems
- Develop HMI applications interfacing with both machine controls and SQL databases
- Study existing production equipment and make program improvements to improve the flow and process of the product
- Design electrical schematics required to build control panels and route on-machine wiring
Occasionally assist in the troubleshooting of plant equipment.
ELECTRICAL and CONTROLS ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS:
- A four-year degree is preferred (four years of similar job experience will be accepted in place of the degree)
- Experience creating PLC programs utilizing Rockwell Software RsLogix / Studio 5000
- Experience programming HMI applications
- Familiarity and experience with the following are preferred but not required:
- o Ignition by Inductive Automation
- o Powerflex Drives
- o Kinetix 5500/5700 Servo Systems
- o Stratix network switches
- o AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical
- o SQL databases and reporting
Independent Stave Company offers competitive compensation and benefits to employees at our facilities. Domestic benefits include:
- Competitive Pay & Bonuses
- Medical Insurance (Available at 30 days; Deductible: $750 for single, $1500 for family)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Education
- Paid Vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Some benefits are only available to full-time employees or after designated waiting periods.
Our people are passionate about their craft and take pride in their contribution to the wine and spirits industry, supporting our mission to craft world-class oak barrels and other cooperage products so that our employees, customers and communities flourish.
We are always looking for hard-working people to join our team. A great work-ethic, dedication, and reliability are a few of the characteristics that we look for.
Independent Stave Company is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.