Millies Engineering Group is seeking a talented, and motivated Electrical Engineer to apply engineering and problem solving skills towards the design of lighting, power distribution, fire alarm, and low voltage/IT systems in new and existing buildings and facilities.
- Perform electrical power load calculations, short circuit studies, and voltage drop calculations.
- Develop preliminary power distribution equipment layouts, power receptacle layouts, and fire alarm device layouts.
- Perform lighting photometric calculations and assist with the selection and layout of lighting fixture products and controls.
- Attend meetings with architects and engineers to discuss project requirements.
- Work in AutoCAD and/or Revit software to develop construction documents and incorporate design changes.
- Assist Engineers with field observations to document existing power distribution systems, lighting fixture locations, fire alarm systems, and low voltage/IT systems.
- Review architectural, civil, and engineering plans to coordinate electrical connections, equipment layouts, and lighting fixture designs.
- Assist Engineers with construction observations to determine compliance with the project design.
- Meet with project engineers and department leads to discuss project schedules, and design needs on a weekly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years experience in electrical design preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work individually or in a multi-discipline team.
- AutoCAD proficiency preferred.
- Revit MEP experience is a plus.
- SKM, ETAP, or EasyPower software experience a plus.
- EIT preferred but not required.
About Millies Engineering Group
Millies Engineering Group is an MEP/FP consulting engineering firm located in northwest Indiana, just on the Illinois/Indiana border, and less than an hour drive from downtown Chicago. The firm has served Architecture Firms and Facility Owners in the Midwest for the past 45 years, providing experienced, integrated, sustainable design solutions for the built environment.
Education, Healthcare and Municipal projects continue to be primary areas of expertise with significant additional experience in Commercial, Data Centers, Religious, Hospitality, Industrial and Recreational projects.
Engineering Services include MEP Design, LEED Design Services, Energy Modeling, Commissioning, Feasibility Studies, Facility Assessments, Life Safety Surveys, and Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Net Operating Income Improvements (NOII).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person