MAPEI is hiring for an Industrial Engineer. In this role you will lead key optimization and continuous improvement projects across all US manufacturing plants using sound analytical methods, sophisticated software skills, advanced engineering knowledge, change management, and communication tools to effectively design processes that will yield highest productivity and efficiency in manufacturing and supply chain systems with an emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency, and productivity. MAPEI Corporate Video
- Perform deep-dive study analysis to define and describe the key processes taking place in the manufacturing operations of MAPEI North America plants.
- Determine productivity standards for processes and labor which aims to improve plant efficiencies, quality, and standardize best practices to optimize capacity. Develop innovative ways to increase equipment efficiency and labor productivity. Apply lean manufacturing principles to process design and management.
- Updating and improving procedures, instructions, and tools related to manufacturing activity improvement, when required.
- Manage and drive optimization projects in manufacturing and supply chain, which includes involvement in the design of new production lines, expansion projects, software technology, and optimizing current footprint, layouts, and product mix.
- Perform data analysis on inventory stocking levels and production planning to optimize space utilization production efficiency.
- Be involved in task forces (cross departmental teams) that will manage projects and assignments, and work closely with the Unit Managers and the Production Mangers to execute them successfully.
- Participate in capital project scope definition including data analytics, equipment type and layout, capacity studies, and ROI cost justifications for improvement recommendations and new technology solutions. Work closely with the Engineering group in defining the technical parameters and developing Supplier’s RFQs. Support the installation and commissioning of new equipment or systems including budget management, timeline, and external vendors organization.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules and instructions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In conclusion, each employee is expected to contribute to a positive image of the Company by engaging in professional conduct at all times when representing MAPEI. This contribution involves proactively supporting teambuilding initiatives, sharing best practices and innovative ideas for improvement, and communicating with others in a courteous and professional manner. Employees are also expected to dress in a professional manner and respond promptly to telephone calls, email and other related correspondence.
What's in it for you
- Highly Competitive Base Pay
- FREE MEDICAL INSURANCE for our employees or the option of a highly competitive medical plan with minimal monthly employee contributions and zero deductibles.
- 17 Days of paid and sick and vacation time annually (proration applies year one)
- 401K retirement with up to 6% matching program
- Excellent dental, vision programs, flex spending accounts, employer paid life insurance
- Free tele-med physician services
- Various other company employee-centric initiatives; discounted home/auto insurance programs, supplemental life insurance, and more.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or supply chain.
- 1-3 years of related experience, preferred not required.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equilivant, required
- The position requires the ability to work with a personal computer in a Windows environment. Use Microsoft Office Suite software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and the Internet, if required.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to work independently and to travel on occasion.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities