Machine and Process Design, Inc. (MPD), located in Anoka, MN, manufacturing company that designs and fabricates high-quality equipment for many industries including dairy, food, pet food, chemical, agricultural industries.
We are seeking a full- time drafter/engineer/designer to join our team. This full-time position will be responsible for a wide variety of drafting & engineering functions and will be working closely with the engineering/sales team.
- Create 3D layouts to create 2D print packages for our equipment lines.
- Define Purchase Parts for equipment, Motor's HP, Gear Reducers, Bearings, and Drive packages
- Draft Bill of Materials, BOM, and associated engineering records, fabricated prints, purchase orders, and other tasks related to assigned projects.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in attitude and communication with fellow employees, vendors and customers.
- Engineering Degree encouraged
- 5+ years of experience
- 3D modeling and 2D CAD (we use OneSpace modeling and drafting software)
- Microsoft Office suite skills
- Common PC skills
- Self-starter with a CAN-DO attitude and work ethic
- Ability to professionally communicate across all levels within an organization
- Detail-focused with awareness of present state and an eye to impact future forecast
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; flexibility with changing priorities
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Anoka, MN 55303: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you willing to learn new CAD software (Creo/Onespace-Modeling) as a critical requirement for the position?
- Drafting: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person