June 1, 2023
Excel Employment Services LLC
Senior Project/Analysis Engineer
My client, who is an established global specialized OEM system, parts manufacturer and a leader in their specialized industry, is looking for a Senior Project/Analysis Engineer. This position would be in the Design and Development Department of a small but expanding Manufacturer. This is a dual role requiring experience capabilities of both the various FEA analysis/ FEA projects in conjunction with their Product Development Projects while meeting various customer requirements for this Company. The ideal candidate should have strong problem-solving skills, extensive technical knowledge in both analysis and product development and have solid experience & capabilities with meeting timelines, troubleshooting, team collaboration, strong organizational and leadership skills to assist with leading various projects from start through to completion. A background in Product and Manufacturing Engineering and with customer relations would be ideal.
The Sr. Project/Analysis Engineer should be very knowledgeable of the manufacturing processes, material selections, and product testing, and possess strong knowledge of the required software skills. The position also requires excellent, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills for customer onsite meetings and technical conferences.
This Company is an established yet growing organization in a niche industry that manufactures specialized components and systems for the aerospace, automotive, medical and agricultural industries. Due to export control requirements of the Company’s products, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
- A.) Project Responsibilities:
- Manage FEA projects, conduct FEA analysis, & Product Development Programs.
- Provide guidance and leadership for all FEA Projects.
- Provide team mentoring and leadership as needed.
- Responsible for DVP&R development and execution performing physical. testing/validation of protype & production parts.
- Follow production builds at customer installation, validation and continuous improvement meetings on site.
- Provide timing estimates for new and existing projects.
- Achieving timelines.
- Writing papers and presentations on projects assigned for customer meetings, publication and presentation at technical conferences will be required
- Report on ongoing resource needs to the Director of Engineering.
B.) Analysis Responsibilities:
- Generating Mesh models
- Establishing/set up boundary conditions
- Running the FEA models
- Interpreting the model results
- Revise design iterations based on results to meet performance requirements
- Meeting timelines
- Provide timing estimates for new & existing FEA projects
- Perform other related duties as required
- Presentations of analysis to team members and customers
- C.) Additional Responsibilities:
- Represent the Company in meetings with customers, vendors, international conferences, seminars and trade shows.
- Strong collaboration with team department members to achieve company objectives.
- Perform other additional duties as required.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in any of these specialties (ME, EE, Chem, or Metallurgy) MS Degree is preferred.
(Due to export control requirements of the Company’s products, candidates
must be a U.S. Citizen.)
- Minimum of 5 years' related experience, preference is for 8-10 years' experience
- Proficient with COMSOL, Ansys and/or the Altair family of products
- Proficient with Mechanical Modeling
- Proficient with Project Management software (MS Project) plus any others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting & problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Customer relations and presentation skills
- Strong ability to analyze, collaborate, mentor and lead projects
- A team player who can adapt to the needs of a small but growing company
- Knowledge of heat induction systems and their components is preferred but not mandatory.
Work Hours, Salary, and Benefits:
Hours: TBD – 7:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. M-F
Benefits: Benefits start after a 30-day probation period. Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical Coverage, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Optical, 401K, vacation, holidays & annual bonus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you a U. S. Citizen?
- Do you have a minimum of 5 years experience with both FEA analysis and Product Development Projects in a manufacturing industry?
- Do you have a minimum of 5 years experience involving working on site with customers in Engineering?
Work Location: In person