Southco is the leading global manufacturer of Engineered Access Hardware with manufacturing and engineering facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific regions. From quality and performance to aesthetics and ergonomics, we know small touches make a big difference. The people of Southco are passionate about connecting with our customers to create innovative engineered access hardware solutions aimed at enhancing the "touch points" of our customers' products. With unrivaled global supply and support, innovative products and dedicated people, Southco provides customers throughout the world with the broadest line of high quality Access Hardware Solutions on the market today for applications in the Networking, Telecommunications, Computer, Automotive, Aerospace, Mass Transit, Off-Highway/Construction, RV/Caravan, Industrial Machinery, Marine and HVAC industries.
Benefits we offer our employees:
- Generous time off – starting at 3 weeks of annualized PTO (first year is prorated based on start date), 9 company holidays plus 2 floating holidays
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan – Company makes automatic 2% contribution of eligible pay plus matching contributions of 50% up to the first 6% of eligible pay you contribute.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan valued at approximately 4-6% of eligible earnings which includes dividend payments after 3 year vesting period
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA for high deductible health plans
- Company paid Life & Disability Insurance including: Short term, Long Term, and Life
- Great Tuition Reimbursement program to support undergraduate or graduate programs available to all employees
Demonstrated ability to develop and create engineering solutions meeting project objectives considering cost, schedule, and technical requirements. Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse technical team. Responsible for projects of major importance with large levels of organizational involvement, technical requirements, investment requirements and/or profit potential. Maintains and extends state-of-the-art leadership in cost and functional performance of existing product lines, and in current or new applications. Responsible for providing guidance and expertise in the technical organization in the areas of product design, manufacturing systems, and specific customer applications
- BS Engineering with relevant work experience
- Advanced degree in engineering or business preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or design engineering role.
- Proven and demonstrated team leadership skills
- Proficiently apply engineering expertise across multiple technologies and/or disciplines.
- Proven record of successfully completing projects and provide guidance to others in the technical organization.
- Effectively solve all routine and most non-routine problems. Apply innovation, novel, and creative solutions.
- Lead and participate in Formal Product and/or Process Design Reviews.
- Provide significant technical contributions to major projects and/or technical teams.
- Provide mentoring & coaching to others performing similar jobs. (Engineer I’s and II’s).
- Demonstrated record of personal and professional growth such as enrollment in continuing education, licensing, degree, or certificate programs.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button. Southco provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Southco complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Job Type: Full-time