Seeking a Senior Aircraft Development Engineers with 10+ years of aircraft development experience in one or more functional areas to contribute to and lead applied R&D and product development programs.
Cornerstone Research Group, Inc. (CRG), near Dayton, Ohio, is an Aerospace and Defense company that develops and delivers innovative, customer-focused technology solutions.
When you join our dynamic and rapidly-growing organization, you will collaborate closely with our multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists to rapidly develop and demonstrate new systems, including novel Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) and enabling technologies.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to design-build-fly prototypes, design pre-production aircraft, develop and integrate quiet electric propulsion, and perform clean sheet design. The team has participated in the development of multiple UAVs from Group 1 to 4, and has experience in designing, building, and testing many aerospace vehicles and enabling technologies.
The environment is dynamic but highly flexible with many exciting problem-solving opportunities and room to define future areas of technical growth as well as your own career growth. We need motivated and capable engineers to support our efforts in every dimension of the process from prototype to production.
WHO ARE WE?
CRG’s multidisciplinary team has successfully tackled our customers’ most challenging problems with discipline, creativity and flexibility in core business areas including aerospace systems, power and energy, advanced materials and manufacturing, medical technology, and sensor systems. This has resulted in CRG being recognized as a leader in innovation, in technology commercialization, and in providing a work environment that is deeply rewarding. Because of the nature of our work, exclusive U.S. citizenship is required for employment, and employees may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance. To learn more about us, please visit: www.crgrp.com
Our employees are our most important assets. Our team mentality is key to our success. We value:
- Innovation and Collaboration
We run fast but value work-life balance and flexibility. Our entrepreneurial / intrapreneurial mindset fosters our growth.
- Exclusive US citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance is required
- BS or MS in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Controls Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited university is required
- 10+ years industry experience supporting aircraft development programs
CRG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualified Candidates will be able to:
- Demonstrate extensive experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Aircraft configuration
- Aircraft vehicle-level aerodynamics
- Aircraft performance analysis
- Aircraft loads analysis
- Aircraft structural layout and analysis
- Aircraft systems integration
- Turbojet propulsion integration
- Electric propulsion integration
- Flight control
- Guidance, navigation, and control
- Mission systems
- Hardware in the loop simulation
- Fabrication, integration, and test
- Flight test planning
- Other – tell us what you can bring to the team!
- Support a variety of phases of aircraft development: Conceptual design through detailed design, fabrication and integration, ground test, flight test
- Lead and coordinate within a multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Present detailed data and design recommendations based on findings and prepare reports, presentations, drawings, and other engineering data
- Perform in the dynamic environment of a growing small business
To be successful in CRG’s corporate culture, Qualified Candidates must also be able:
- Work in a multi-disciplinary, team-oriented environment
- Apply a get-it-done, and get-it-done-right mindset coupled with attention to detail
- Apply proactive and reactive problem-solving skills; Be a self-starter
- Quickly understand new technology areas and manage and adapt to rapidly changing customer needs
- Communicate technical results, plans, and issues with internal and external customers, including presenting and writing reports and proposals
- Support the pursuit of new business opportunities through proposal writing, opportunity identification and participation in meetings
- Stay current in technology advancements and embrace growth opportunities
- Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- 5 Weeks Annual Paid Time Off
- Annual Company Holidays follow Federal Holiday Schedule
- Casual, Flexible and Hybrid 50/50 work environment (based on position responsibilities)
- Fun company events
- Salary Range: $100,000 - $170,000 depending on experience