Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.linde.com.
This position provides process engineering support for multiple ASU (air separation unit) facilities located in the US East or South regions based out of the Tonawanda, NY or Houston, TX.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Engineering Manager, no direct reports.
The OES Process Engineer role requires the engineer to support many facets of ASU plant operations. The primary role is to provide process optimization support to multiple operating facilities on a strategic and a tactical level. The engineer will be tasked with working with ASU facilities to identify longer-term productivity improvement projects as well as to identify daily suggestions to optimize operation. The engineer will be required to utilize a variety of engineering tools which may include: process models, historical operating data, statistical analysis tools, and simulation software.
The engineer will be responsible for assisting ASU facilities with routine troubleshooting of operational problems. Also, the process engineer will also be involved in ensuring that operating facilities are in compliance with all elements of ASU process safety.
The OES Process Engineer will interface with Operations technicians, Operations site & regional management, Logistics planning, productivity personnel, and other Operations support personnel.
- Works with assigned ASU facilities to ensure site documentation is in compliance with process safety standards and policies.
- Monitors ASU operational data on a daily basis to ensure optimal operation.
- Validate operational data for monthly KPI reporting.
- Provide engineering assistance for plant turnarounds and/or plant thaws.
- May participate in Root Cause Analysis problem resolution sessions.
- Identify and implement productivity improvement projects.
- Provide benefits analysis evaluation for various cost reduction and other productivity improvement projects.
- Provide remote or on-site support to operational facilities in distress.
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in the ASU industry
- Experience using process simulation software is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate level PC usage skills (spreadsheets and data analysis software)
- Proven air separation plant operation experience or new plant start-up experience including thaw (derime), cooldown, and restart.
- Ability to work with multiple customers both internal and external
- Proven track record of taking ownership and providing a high level of customer service
- Ability to travel up to 25% within the U.S. and required to provide weekend and evening support as needed
- Required to carry a company provided cell phone and be on-call 24/7
- Must be willing and able to climb cold boxes some are over 200 ft tall
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- ASU industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- process simulation software: 5 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location