Position Summary: Aerospace/Mechanical Engineer with excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Works with business unit engineering personnel on developing cutting edge fuel nozzle and spray technologies. Technical duties include new product design, existing product improvements, testing and analysis. Ensures timely and efficient completion of design projects to achieve customer objectives and cost targets. Makes internal and external presentations and prepares formal reports and proposals.
Knowledge of diverse engineering topics like thermodynamics, heat-transfer, gas dynamics, fluid-flow and combustion of modern gas turbine engines. Possesses excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Enjoys working with a positive attitude in a solution-oriented team environment.
- Develops state of the art fuel nozzles for commercial and military gas turbine engines. Makes recommendations for improvements of current and future products.
- Reviews customers’ product specifications to ensure clarity and completeness. Interprets and evaluates customer documentation and conveys requirements to internal and external functions needed in the product realization process
- Investigates design factors such as form, fit, function, materials, performance, cost, operational efficiency, contractual requirements, and conformity to standards.
- Develops products conforming to specifications
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests; plans for required analyses and completes required documentation. May utilize and interpret predictive models to simulate and verify design concepts.
- Interprets and validates test results for accuracy and precision. Ensures conformance to product qualification procedures and parameters to achieve product reliability and safety standards.
- Recommends design changes by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and materials for cost and quality impacts.
- Provides technical information for review with engineering teams using established engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods (e.g., structured design and development process; customer design reviews).
- Support production with competent technical information relative to manufacturing or processing techniques, materials and their properties, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- May investigate and research new technologies to improve product cost and performance.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering or related engineering field.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 3-5 years of related experience.
- Has working knowledge of engineering domain principles and techniques, product functionality, industry practices, regulations, and policies. General knowledge of other related engineering technical areas.
- Proficient with engineering design and analysis tools (e.g., computer-aided design or modeling systems); CAD solid modeling experience and a working knowledge of GD&T per ASME/ ANSI Y14.5.
- Ability to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools.
- Ability to work with general objectives regarding projects and team goals; works collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision. Responsive to inquiries from other engineering and business teams.
- Knowledge of stainless steel, nickel, and cobalt based super alloys and metal joining preferred.
- Prior experience with fuel flow scheduling, airflow requirements, thermal protection and spray quality or combustion preferred.
- Prior experience with optical diagnostic techniques for spray characterization preferred.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mentor, OH 44060: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Engineer: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person