We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to perform daily responsibilities that include control system programming, including base logic, graphics, and batch programming. You will lead life-cycle strategy/planning efforts for site control systems and training efforts for site automation. You will also work closely with Operations to execute programming modifications to de-bottleneck equipment and improve plant performance and reliability and ensure that all shifts are able to execute the operating plan daily, as intended.
Additionally, you will lead annual functional certification of site automated interlock checkout, support project engineers during the commissioning phase of capital projects involving automation and utilize your technical background and troubleshooting techniques to improve processes and product quality. Lastly, you will provide support for the Data Historians, ensure plant changes or modifications are captured and documented as part of the PSM "Management of Change", and provide technical support for risk assessments on Management of Changes to ensure changes do not jeopardize the safety of plant.
Safety Instrumented System (SIS) Engineer certification or familiarization with safety instrumented systems is highly preferred.
As an Automation Engineer, you create chemistry by…
- Maintaining the health of DCS (distributed control system) system hardware and software for 140 person 24x7 plant operation.
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting expertise to the daily Operational Team for plant problems that arise.
- Making yourself available to be on-call and respond to any after hour event impacting production or EHS.
- Providing technical and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for production, EHS, and quality incidents.
- Identifying Lean opportunities and support implementation.
- Partnering with the Production Supervisor to maintain safe operation and reliability of the plant.
- Demonstrating your strong understanding of Process Safety Concepts and their applications on a daily basis. Additionally, you will comply with OSHA and plant specific safety procedures.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Your formula for success…
You @ BASF
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering strongly preferred. (Will consider Chemical, Mechanical or a related field), or equivalent experience.
- At least 5-8 years related DCS experience in plant operations in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of chemical unit operations and equipment.
- Experience in ABB Control System programming (including base logic, graphics, and batch language) and/or knowledge of Emerson Delta-V (including base logic and graphics), Triconix and/or PLC programming.
- Knowledge of basic instrumentation, controls, and automation combined with your strong technical skills.
- Commitment to workplace safety.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise working in project teams and interfacing daily with engineering and maintenance teams as well as third party vendors.
At BASF you get more than just compensation, Medical & Dental. Our total offer includes a wide range of elements you need to be your best in every stage of your life. That’s what we call [email protected]
Our Periodic Table of Benefits includes some additional perks below for starters…
What are you waiting for? Click Apply now to [email protected]!!
- Flexible Work Arrangements whenever possible
- Retirement Benefits
- Maternity/Paternity Leave, Infertility & Adoption reimbursement
- Mentoring & Development Programs
- Employee Discounts
- Pet insurance
- Matching Donations to your favorite cause
- Access to our BASF Wine Cellar
BASF takes security & data privacy very seriously. Will we never request personal or financial information of any kind via e-mail, private text message or direct message on any social media platform or job board. Furthermore, we will never offer a remote position and send a candidate a check for equipment or request any type of payment during the job application process. If you have experienced any of the above, please contact myhrATbasf.com to report fraud.