The Civil Site Engineer will be a staff or lead design engineer (depending on experience) working with the technical team and supporting the project manager to deliver well-executed projects to our clients. You will direct plan production, perform and review design calculations, drive quality assurance, and support the internal and external project team on a variety of site/civil land development engineering projects. The Civil Site Engineer will develop site layouts, grading and earthwork, erosion control, stormwater management systems, stormwater pollution prevention plans, and other documentation to support the client’s permitting efforts.
- Work alongside project managers to develop the engineering design and drive execution of deliverables.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to produce engineering plans and exhibits.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to ensure project objectives (scope, schedule, budget, deliverables) are met in accordance with established metrics.
- Provide technical expertise in site/civil design, hydrology/hydraulics, erosion and sedimentation control, and stormwater management.
- Support permitting with County and local municipalities. Experience with local municipalities is a plus.
- Work with project management team to identify challenges, and develop and implement solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field
- Minimum of 4-6 years Site/Civil Design experience
- Have a professional Engineer (PE) certification or commit to obtaining within 1 year
- Proven experience with codes and regulations, interpreting engineering plans, designing storm water facilities, site grading, and local and state permitting for land disturbance
- Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and stormwater management calculations. Experience with Autodesk Vehicle Tracking, Bluebeam, MicroStation, Microsoft Suite, and other relevant software packages products a plus
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for, organize, and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to provide excellent client service in a timely and professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively in a team environment; mentoring and professional development are encouraged
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you possess a minimum of 4 years of civil site design experience?
Work Location: In person