Set Your Future IN MOTION
Manitou is purposefully committed to you, its people. We continue to elevate our success based on a “One United Team” focus that enables our purpose-driven and agile work environment. We pride ourselves in fostering a work-life balance that allows flexibility in people's day-to-day lives. In an era when talent is in-demand, you will find an unwavering commitment to your personal and professional growth.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
As a worldwide leader in handling, access platforms and earthmoving equipment, Manitou Group’s mission is to improve working conditions, safety and performance throughout the world, while preserving people and their environment. We design, manufacture, distribute and service products and solutions for the material handling, access equipment and compact earthmoving activities that work smarter, safer and reliably while delivering value to our customers. Our high-profile brands include Manitou and Gehl, and we are proud of our network of 1,050 dealers throughout the world. With sales in 140 countries, our team of 4,500 people are committed to delivering exceptional customer satisfaction. We operate in more than 30 global locations to ensure proximity to our customers and services tailored to their needs.
Manitou continues on the forefront of innovation driving the green transition while also streamlining our operations guided by our customer-centric “New Horizons” roadmap. We are committed to providing safety and unique customer experiences worldwide. In sharing the same mission and values, our workforce remains engaged and passionate about what we manufacture and services we provide.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes and projects in the plant; responds to manufacturing issues and concerns to ensure products are produced to specifications and according to manufacturing schedules while ensuring efficient use of resources. Manufacturing Engineer reports to Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The Manufacturing Engineer will oversee the design of production machinery and will identify and recommend solutions to production problems related to materials, processes, and tooling.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods.
- Determines the processes, identifies the materials and supplies to be used, and designs and builds appropriate fixtures necessary for efficient and cost effective manufacturing.
- Establishes bills of material, manufacturing routings, machine burdens, and new work centers.
- Creates work instructions for new products to be manufactured.
- Designs tools and machines used to manufacture products.
- Reviews production program equipment, hardware, and tooling; makes recommendations for repairs or replacement.
- Oversees the development of new processes, methods, and production controls.
- Installs new equipment and ensures that it operates correctly; trains others to operate new machinery.
- Prepares operations manuals for new or existing equipment.
- Maintains knowledge of new and developing manufacturing technology, equipment, and applications; applies this knowledge to recommend and implement new technology and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Processes internal engineering change orders (ECOs), processes and incorporates the changes, and insures changes become effective.
- Studies and records time, motion, methods and speed involved in performance of production and other worker operations to establish standard production rates and to improve efficiencies. Institutes changes in the production processes and/or recommends adjustments to product pricing.
- Performs engineering activities in compliance with established company and manufacturing standards, engineering principles, customer requirements, and related specifications.
- Confers with customers and engineering staff concerning product design and tooling to insure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine part specifications and recommends the purchase of equipment and materials used in manufacturing and production.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes. Other duties may be assigned.
- Two or more years of experience in fabrication and welding of construction and agricultural equipment is preferred.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to assess problems or issues with manufacturing equipment.
- Three years of experience as a manufacturing engineer preferred.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude, communication and computer skills are required. Must be able to gather, manipulate and analyze data.
- Extensive knowledge of production principles and techniques.
- Proficient with Google Suite software.
- Proficient with computer-aided drafting (CAD) software.
- BS Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONNECTIONS:
- Internal customers: the position will interact with all departments.
- External customers: The position will interact with other sites and suppliers.
LOCALIZATION AND TRAVEL EXPECTED:
- This position is located in Madison, SD.
- Travel up to 5-10% may be required.
OUR REWARDS & RECOGNITION:
In addition to an inclusive compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits program, including: Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k including employer match, tuition reimbursement, community-oriented volunteer program, wellness activities, employee and family activities throughout the year, and so much more! See for yourself why Forbes ranked Manitou within the top 125 for World’s Best Employers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer