Azure Cloud Engineer
Work Location: 1345 Ave of the Americas, New York, NY (Ave of the Americas is also called 6th Ave in Manhattan)
Hybrid: 4 days onsite, 1 day remote
US Status: GC/USC
Interview Process/Details (Video, Onsite, # of Rounds, etc.): video 2 rounds
- Our client is one of the leading absolute return/hedge fund managers, overseeing assets on behalf of institutional investors from around the world, including pension funds, endowments, insurance companies, government agencies, private banks, and fund of funds.
- Our client was founded in 2002 and launched its flagship global macro strategy in April 2003. It currently manages over $25bn1 and engages in discretionary directional and relative value trading in fixed income and FX markets, as well as the recently launched BH Digital, a division within client to manage crypto and digital asset strategies.
- The firm currently employs over 500 personnel worldwide, including over 100 investment professionals. This global presence gives our client the ability to identify and source attractive investment opportunities, as well as investment management talent wherever they may be. Our client has won several industry awards for excellence in risk management, operational robustness, and investment performance.
- The firm currently has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jersey, Geneva, New York, Austin, Chicago, Hong Kong, Singapore, and the Cayman Islands.
- This role presents an exciting opportunity to help design, resource and build a new, robust best-in-class Cloud proposition for Our client, the successful candidate will be able to combine their industry experience with a vision for further developments in a fast-paced environment.
Main Duties/Responsibilities of the Role:
- Build and maintain secure, reliable and scalable Azure infrastructure.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Azure, M365 and MS Exchange
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure smooth delivery of projects.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and Configuration-as-Code (CaaC)
- Hands-on experience with automation/monitoring tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, GitHub Actions, etc.).
- Management of cloud core services; networks topologies, storage, load balancing, virtual machines, databases, containers, messaging, server-less, logging and monitoring.
- DevOps with infrastructure as code; Hashi Corp Terraform and Git.
- Configuration of security controls; Firewalls, Policy, ACLS, IAM, Encryption.
- Scripting (ideally PowerShell.)
- Design, deploy, support Active Directory and Azure AD related technologies (SSO, SCIM, Intune)
- Configuration, management, and monitoring of Azure Cloud Adoption Framework technologies.
- Configuration, management, and monitoring of Microsoft 365 E5 technologies.
- Configuration, management, and monitoring of Microsoft Exchange Online
- Support of Windows Server and client Operating systems.
- Experience in the deployment and implementation of Microsoft solutions.
- 5 Years of experience specializing in Microsoft Azure technologies
- Experience with the transformation of traditional services to Azure.
- Experience managing the Microsoft Cloud.
- Experience managing Microsoft Exchange
Technical Skills/Knowledge/Professional Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Azure Cloud Adoption Framework (Certified Azure Admin Associate)
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft 365 E5 suite of services (M365/Identity/Security Certified)
- A good understanding of the Azure technologies
- Core IaaS - compute, storage, networking, hybrid
- PaaS services including App/SQL Services.
- Identity and authentication (Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD, Conditional Access and SSO)
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server/Client operating systems and services. (MCSA preferred)
- Terraform - Proficient
- PowerShell - Proficient
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $70.00 - $80.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Automation tools: 4 years (Required)
- Azure: 8 years (Required)
- MS Exchange: 10 years (Required)
- M365: 10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location