Morton Buildings, Inc. is the industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for 120 years and have more than 10 manufacturing, fabrication, and shipping plants servicing over 100 construction centers nationwide. Per year, across America, thousands of new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
The Structural Engineer (Experienced or EIT) position is a full-time position engaged in the early stages of the design process and is responsible for providing technical guidance to ensure engineering plan compliance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Utilizes and employs structural engineering standards, techniques and methods for the design of commercial, industrial, institutional, residential and agricultural building projects and presents documents to professional engineers for certification.
- Ensures compliance and timely delivery of certified plans by assisting the order management team with technical inquiries and code compliance issues; providing guidance to drafting technicians for presentation of certified drawings and answering technical inquiries; supporting the Request For Information process on items such as code compliance, missing information, and any items affecting the structural integrity of the building; and communicating project status and completion dates with project stakeholders.
- Engages with sales consultants, order management, drafting technicians, and design professionals to review contract requirements to create and develop construction documentation in accordance with industry standards, state and local building codes, ordinances and other applicable standards.
- Acts as point person on the communication of standard practices/materials to any Morton Buildings sub-contractors and consultants that have been commissioned to provide services that affect the structural engineering certification.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, with strong background in Math, Physics, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Background in structural engineering and building engineering preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with excellent follow through
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Process minded, problem solver, with vision for continuous improvement.
- Excellent medical/dental/prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- 401k Opportunity
- ESOP Retirement Program in which you become an owner of the company
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a drug screen.