ENABLE your future through light.
Excelitas is a global technology leader with more than 7,500 employees, focused on delivering market-driven solutions to fulfill the illumination, optical, detection and imaging needs of OEMs and end-users across the biomedical, semiconductor, industrial, consumer products, scientific, security, defense and aerospace sectors.
ENGAGE with us today and make your contribution to the future! Join the team that leading technology companies turn to for cutting-edge photonic innovation. At Excelitas Technologies you are how we EXCEL.
Our facility in Miamisburg, Ohio is home to our Defense and Aerospace Business Unit with strategic leadership and administration responsibilities for the global defense organization. This site specializes in the design, manufacture and test of energetic safety systems including electronic safe, arm and fire (ESAF) devices and firing modules (FMs), ignition safety devices (ISDs), custom energetics, and Blue Chip™ detonators and serves a variety of high-performance applications including precision munitions, tactical missiles, launch vehicles, and strategic missiles.
Excelitas Technologies Miamisburg is currently seeking a detail orientated and organized Supplier Quality Engineer to join the Miamisburg Quality Team. The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for maintaining supplier performance. This role will provide significant support to the Supply Chain Department. This role will report to the Quality Manager.
- Primary contact for the organization regarding all matters related to supplier quality;
- Liaison between procurement and quality to ensure there is cohesion and collaboration with suppliers;
- Support monthly operational reviews and annual leadership review of the quality management system;
- Maintain the site Approved Supplier List;
- Evaluate and manage supplier performance and report key site and global metrics;
- Develop risk-based audit schedules and perform compliance audits;
- Improve and implement procedures for supplier audits;
- Lead both local and remote supplier audits and Quality Business Reviews and generate records documenting results and action items;
- Review receiving inspection requirements using a risk-based approach and work with quality engineers to adjust inspection requirements;
- Review supplier performance and implement preventative and corrective action;
- Support the site RTV, RMA, SCAR, and NCMR processes.
- Participate in the PO review process to ensure supplier flow down requirements are understood and appropriately maintained;
- Work with supply chain management during design and development to qualify suppliers and prepare for production;
- Support customer and 3rd party audits as necessary;
- Support Quality Department Group Goals.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, preferably mechanical or industrial engineering;
- At least 3 years of experience in manufacturing;
- Practical experience in the implementation of product quality control;
- Practical problem-solving skills and excellent presentation skills;
- Available to travel a minimum of 25% of working days and some weekends, if necessary;
- Ability to read and interpret complex technical specifications and drawings;
- This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR);
- Visa sponsorship is not available for any position at Excelitas;
- Due to the requirements from the Department of Energy, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- 4 years of experience working in an ISO 9001 and/or AS9100D certified manufacturing environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Excelitas is seeking leaders and innovators to join our global team!
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- ISO 9001: 4 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road