For more than 50 years, Q-Lab has been a global leader in manufacturing material durability testing equipment. Our products and services are used to test coatings, plastics, automotive, personal care, roofing, inks, textiles, pharmaceutical, packaging and sealants.
Q-Lab is a growth-oriented and stable company who has earned a strong reputation for outstanding product design, innovation and uncompromising levels of quality and safety. We are focused on a market with huge potential due to the unique product line and use our extensive product knowledge to help clients best utilize our products and services.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, this position will design and develop electrical components for our accelerated weather testers.
- Engaging in all phases of electrical subsystem, power supply and lamp ballast, printed circuit boards and sensor product development
- Own multiple engineering projects including new product developments, design improvements, and cost reductions
- Design, build, and test prototypes to validate performance versus requirements
- Plan and manage project requirements, technical risks, deliverables, and timelines
- Developing innovative designs to meet all requirements for safety, performance, reliability and manufacturability
- Writing test instructions, test reports, and engineering change notices
- Providing technical assistance to the purchasing, service, sales, marketing, and production departments
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics)
- 5+ years proven record in a product development and manufacturing environment for high voltage switch mode power supply design, analog and digital circuit design
- Designing and developing proper heat management solutions for circuit designs
- Designing electronics with high voltage MOSFET/IGBT
- Designing circuit boards including schematics, bills of material, printed circuit board layout
- Strong project management experience
- Beautiful corporate headquarters conveniently located off I-90 in Westlake, Ohio.
- A Northeast Ohio Top Workplace environment – 9 years running!
- A proven track record of success.
- Excellent compensation package including year-end bonus and company-funded retirement plan.
- Comprehensive benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, Disability and Life.
- Generous Paid Time Off, and Holidays.
- Fun, friendly working atmosphere!
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person