KO Business Solutions is a family-owned staffing agency proud to work with a manufacturing company in Elk Grove Village, IL who is seeking a Quality Engineer to join their team. The Quality Engineer will support the Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure compliance with Aerospace & Defense specifications and company requirements.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5 pm
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
Job Type: Direct Hire, Full-time
- Annual performance and compensation review, with eligibility for annual bonuses
- 401(k) plan with employer matching and profit sharing
- Premium health insurance as well as supplemental vision and dental insurance plans
- Company paid and supplemental life insurance and AD&D
- Company paid holidays and personal paid time-off
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering support to optimize workflows and troubleshoot problems.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to meet company goals and customer requirements.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures to support and maintain AS9100 and Nadcap compliance.
- Participate in process improvement activities within a team-based environment.
- Develop and maintain process metrics.
- Perform internal audits.
- Collaborate with customers and suppliers on quality issues
- Support root cause analysis and the development of corrective actions administering training as necessary
- Analyze non-conformance trends to evaluate the effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Participate in ongoing training, periodic testing, and performance evaluations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Engineering / technical degree or equivalent experience required.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma methodology, Lean manufacturing principles, and continuous improvement tools. ASQ certification preferred.
- Hands-on experience within a production or manufacturing environment. Special Processing experience preferred.
- In-depth understanding of Quality Management Systems, specifically ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2016 strongly preferred.
- Knowledgeable of the requirements affiliated with Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), and First Article Inspection (FAI).
- Familiarity with conducting Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) and providing technical assistance in problem resolution.
- Practical experience using a variety of software solutions consisting of but not limited to ERPs, MRPs, CRMs, Microsoft Office, and engineering drafting/modeling tools.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Individual must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills required.
- Proven experience in quantitative data analysis, measurement systems, and reporting methodologies required.
- Must have technical report and procedure writing skills.
- Engineering drawing and specification interpretation skills required.
- Advanced computer literacy required.
Job type: Direct Hire