Keith Engineering Design is seeking an Electrical Engineer with 5-10 years of experience to join the growing design team in our Peoria, Illinois office. You will represent Keith Engineering Design, work in close contact and effectively interact with the entire
Mechanical, Plumbing, and Electrical design team as well as external clients and consultants. Individuals in this position must demonstrate the ability to progress from basic design work assignments to more complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the capability and desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for creating designs from the initial stages of the project through completion under the direction of Senior Engineers for wide-ranging construction projects for building types such as Healthcare, Educational, Commercial, Institutional and Industrial projects. You will also develop specifications, system descriptions, and system layouts for a variety of projects of different sizes.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Design of lighting, power, low-voltage systems.
- Coordinate design with a project manager, senior team members and outside Architects, Owners, and other design consultants.
- Participate in QA/QC process for your work and the work of others.
- Assist in the determination of project scheduling requirements and project budgets.
- Perform construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects, including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports.
- Assisting in processing RFI’s, Change Orders, Bulletins, and Addenda.
- Verification of construction meeting and the intended design requirements.
- Research equipment selections, and complete equipment schedules.
- Research design options and document findings for the project team.
- Incorporate design concepts from Schematic Design into Design Development.
- Work to produce Construction Documents.
- Document existing conditions.
- Learn how to lay out portions of the electrical systems for the project.
- Learn and assist in the production for projects, including implementing sketches and design concepts from others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an Accredited Institution.
- AutoCAD or REVIT knowledge is a plus.
- Understanding of applicable codes is a plus.
- Understand building construction processes and systems is a plus.
Additional requirements continued:
- Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment with purchasing, quality assurance, manufacturing and engineering personnel.
- Communicate effectively in English, in both oral and written forms.
- Must be knowledgeable in electrical and electronic engineering principles.
- Engineer In Training is a plus
As a member of our team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Keith
Engineering Design includes:
- Eligibility to participate in the company 401K program after one month of employment.
- Insurance benefits
- Company shall match 100% of the first 4% of 401K employee withholdings.
- Ten working days of paid vacation. This is an annual benefit. Unused hours are not permitted to accumulate or roll-over to the next calendar year.
- You will receive nine paid observed holidays including New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
- You will receive forty (40) hours of paid personal time for emergencies and illness. This is an annual benefit. Unused hours are not permitted to accumulate or roll-over to the next calendar year.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person