- System design
- Analysis skills
- Programmable logic controllers
- Systems engineering
- Distributed control systems
1. Plans and develops innovative projects to resolve instrument and control systems engineering problems that have an important effect on major SPR programs. Prepares Enterprise Change Proposals (ECPs) for revisions to the program technical baseline, and presents these to the appropriate change boards.
2. Prepares preliminary design feasibility studies for Major Maintenance (MM) projects involving instrumentation and control systems.
3. Provides designs and prepares Summary of Work (SOW) packages for maintenance type construction subcontracts and Engineering Change Notice (ECN) revisions to same.
4. Provides designs and prepares Corrective Maintenance Plans (CMP) for site personnel to make repairs or changes to instrumentation and control systems.
5. Resolves deficiencies in design and safety aspects of instrumentation and control systems.
6. Performs design calculations for sizing control valves and specifies control loop requirements.
7. Design, program, document, and test approved configuration changes to all SPR software-embedded control systems, including the Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Power Monitoring and Control Computer (PMCC), and programmable logic controller (PLC) systems.
1. Support control system acceptance testing, analysis, and development of software discrepancy corrections and enhancements.
2. Provide control systems engineering support to the sites on an as-assigned basis to ensure operational readiness.
3. Maintain liaison with individuals and units within or outside the organization with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to instrumentation and control systems.
Design Reviews & Peer Reviews:
1. Performs instrumentation and control systems design reviews on tasks done by others.
2. Performs peer reviews of design performed by other control systems engineers and electrical engineers.
3. Review, analyze, and validate proposed changes to process instrumentation and control hardware and software systems and subcomponents. Review all assigned process-related system configuration changes with all affected parties.
O&M and Q.A. Support:
1. Provides technical support to Operations, Maintenance, Procurement, and Quality Assurance regarding projects under construction and ongoing maintenance of existing facilities.
2. Recommends and verifies instrument calibration procedures for all instruments at all SPR sites.
3. Answers technical questions from M&O contractor departments regarding instrumentation and control issues.
4. Attends and evaluates factory acceptance tests and field tests of equipment and systems.
Prepares, obtains CN approval, and issues SPR standard instrumentation specifications and data sheets.
Technical Baseline Documentation Support:
Identifies and supports required changes to site DCS User Manuals after completion of Major Maintenance and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) tasks.
Continuing technical education and training in latest technology.
Job Opening and Closing Dates
3/15/2022 - 6/30/2023
REQUIRED: Bachelor?s degree in Electrical, Control Systems, or Instrumentation Engineering or a related field is required. Candidates will have a minimum of seven years of progressive experience in engineering for operational control systems, including instrumentation design and configuration techniques. Candidate must have demonstrated experience in conducting complex control systems engineering analysis as the position serves as a ?technical expert? in a designated engineering function and may serve as a technical lead on team projects. Strong written and oral communication skills are required to effectively develop presentations, analytical reports and technical correspondence.
DESIRED: Experience with Emerson DeltaV process control system is helpful. Computer and networking knowledge is also a plus.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES: Preference is given to candidates who hold the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) certification or the Louisiana or Texas PE (Professional Engineer) certification in Control Systems or Electrical Engineering. Grade L security clearance may be needed.